From Press Release:
Prague, Czech Republic – October 5, 2021 – Forgive Me Father, the dark retro horror FPS inspired by Lovecraft’s novels, will launch into Early Access on October 26th, 2021 on PC via Steam, GOG, and other digital stores! Eradicate eldritch hordes and attempt to stay sane in a hand-drawn world where every second looks ripped out of a comic book.
For those who would like to get a quick taste of horror and madness before the game releases in Early Access as well as get a chance to win the full game for free, you can do so by downloading the demo version of the game that is available right now and until Thursday October 7th, 2021 as part of the Steam Next Fest! More details about the competition can be found here.
As the only one with full senses, you begin a journey in search for answers and relief in this FPS game created in a distinctive retro comic horror style straight from Lovecraft’s books. Be aware of your madness level which dynamically changes during the gameplay and gives you additional power. Use your active skills depending on your play style to fight against the internal evil! How long can you last?
- Feeling of classic FPS from the 90s: Timelapse animations, opponents and elements of 2D in a 3D environment; first aid kits and life points, non-reloading weapons, powerups during dynamic combat with numerous opponents.
- Custom combat experience: With scripture in one hand, weapons powered by an unknown substance in the other, the player will face the challenge of maintaining humanity. The evolution of equipment and unpredictable opponents as well as the way to defeat them will be up to the player.
- Dynamic level of madness: Influencing directly the audio-visual experience and the gameplay itself, which increases depending on its size.
- The gameplay is represented by a comic book style: Hand-drawn graphics where design is maintained in a distinctive comic book style, where any screenshot from the game can be a part of the new comic book.
- Mood straight from Lovecraft’s dark novels: All of it is kept in a horror mood where truth mixes with madness, and a sense of hopelessness confuses the need to find the answer. Occultism and eternal evil.
- Many climatic levels and varied bestiary: A diverse world entirely made by hand, full of interesting enemies from possessed inhabitants to monsters from your worst nightmares.
- Two heroes to choose from, a priest or a journalist, each with their own unique development tree (the early access version will include only the priest character).
Forgive Me Father is set to release via Early Access on October 26th, 2021. For more information, wishlist the game on Steam, visit the official 1C Entertainment website or follow their Facebook and/or Twitter pages.
# # #