From Press Release:
STOCKHOLM — November 18, 2021 — You’ve got one shot, boss; better Make it Count! Paradox Interactive and Romero Games’ first premium expansion for Empire of Sin, titled Make It Count, launched today alongside the Precinct update, the largest free content update for the game thus far. These additions include the creation of an entirely new management layer, introducing Depots, and adding additional paths to victory. Purchase Empire of Sin: Make It Count now on GOG, Epic, Humble, PlayStation™ 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One for 14.99 USD / 14.99 EUR / 11.39 GBP.
“No two bosses in Empire of Sin made their way to the top on an identical journey, and adding new win conditions to reflect their economic or diplomatic power struggles makes the game both more true-to-life and more replayable,” said Brenda Romero, Co-Founder of Romero Games.
“With the Precinct Update and Make it Count, Empire of Sin is now a much more streamlined and accessible game; this is the best version of Empire of Sin to date, and I can’t wait for players to get their hands on it!”
The Precinct update is free to all Empire of Sin players, and is all about giving players new ways to manage their criminal empires, play and win. Key Features include:
- Precincts: Subdivisions of neighborhoods that are controlled both by players and other factions. Players must secure Supply Lines between connecting precincts to ensure supplies and payments are flowing smoothly.
- Depots: Depots are well guarded and have reinforcements to offer longer, more tactical combats with a bigger risk…and bigger rewards. Each Depot is the central control center for a given precinct: claim the depot, claim the precinct!
- Paths To Victory & Win Condition: There’s more than one way to take over Chicago!
- The Buy Out: a diplomatic win condition that allows players to eliminate another faction by paying them off. The targeted faction must be under player protection for 3 months and players must be at peace with the targeted faction with a faction rating of at least +300.
- Chi-Town Mogul: Claim victory by owning 40% of all rackets, with each of them upgraded to maximum level. Players still have the option to continue playing after seeing this victory screen!
- Improved Police: Handle the cops by managing your Police Activity number, a precinct-wide value representing the amount of police presence on the streets. Police Activity levels are affected by numerous factors including bribery, the strength (or weakness) of diplomatic relations, and the vice investment level.
- New Depot and Safehouse interiors, as well as Gun Store, Mob Lawyer, and Boxing Club Improvement Buildings
Make It Count introduces playable boss Maxim Zelnick, A.K.A. the “Mob’s Fixer.” Along with his own combat abilities and skills, Zelnick arrives alongside the Fixer gangster profession and Loan Shark racket. Players can also expect to see additional missions, weapons, events, and more! Make It Count includes:
- Maxim Zelnick: Zelnick is a boss who can cook the books just as well as he takes out the competition.
- Zelnick’s “Bolster the Ranks” ability allows Maxim to call in two reinforcements during combat.
- The “Persuader” boss weapon, a submachine gun that spits bullets faster than Zelnick spits words!
- Loan Shark: Money lending comes to Chicago, with unique events related to this “interesting” racket.
- The Fixer: A gangster who specializes in making problems disappear. Fixers can bribe their way out of certain combat scenarios, but when things get ugly, their combat ability, Caltrops, are a fun way to disrupt enemy movement and better plan fights.
- New Weapons: Get your hands on the MK VI Revolver, Coach Gun, STA 22, Lighting Carbine, RSC M17, plus New Legendary weapons – the Persuader and Golden Gewehr 98.
- New Missions: 20 new missions, including Gangster personal missions and side missions, including 25 new events.
All editions of Empire of Sin will be up to 50% off on Steam until December 18 at 12pm CET. Players can purchase the Premium Edition of Empire of Sin, which includes Make It Count, for 33% off on Steam during the sale.
For more information on Make it Count, the Precinct update, and Empire of Sin, visit www.empireofsingame.com.