From Press Release:
Tuesday, 23rd November 2021 – Team17 and Balancing Monkey Games have today announced that cosy city builder Before We Leave is now available to all Xbox players, including to purchase via the Microsoft Store and in Xbox Game Pass. Set in a post-apocalyptic solar system, Before We Leave tasks players to nurture groups of ‘Peeps’, re-emerging survivors with aspirations to rebuild a thriving civilisation.
Xbox players can explore six unique biomes with their Peeps as they expand their settlements, lay down infrastructure, and chart new lands while researching ancient technologies and building an array of helpful contraptions. Denizens of the burgeoning civilisation should also be mindful of their impact on the environment and their Peeps’ well-being, while keeping an eye out for passing Space Whales – who can make short work of their planets.
Before We Leave Key Features
- Expand the Horizons: From a lowly settlement to a sprawling civilisation of Peeps, players will need to traverse mountains, forests, oceans, and the depths of space to explore, build, and thrive
- Tremendous Tech: As players progress, they can research technology to better their civilisation, including sailing, industry, trade, and more
- Keep the Peeps Happy: Running a settlement is no small feat; players will need to keep track of their Peeps’ happiness alongside food, resources and pollution levels
- A Whole New World: With six unique biomes filled with resources and mysterious relics, players must utilise the land and plan their settlements accordingly
- Award-winning Soundtrack: Benedict Nichols (Omno, The Falconeer) and James Dean of Ākau Audio compose a soundscape fit for any benevolent leader, winning ‘The Composed Segment’ Pav award for excellence in audio
Before We Leave is also available on PC and macOS. From tomorrow until 30th November, the game will feature in the Steam Autumn Sale at £9.59/€10.79/$11.99, 40% below its usual price. To keep up to date, like Before We Leave on Facebook, follow on Twitter, join the Discord, subscribe on YouTube, and join the mailing list.