From Press Release:
November 30th, Gliwice, Poland – Following its release on Steam and Epic Games Store, War Mongrels takes another important step joining the MY.GAMES line-up, both in the digital store and on the cloud service. A launch discount of 30% off the base price of $44.99/€37.99/₽825 accompanies the release in the store during the first week. War Mongrels brings the full arsenal of features to the new platform, including localization into 13 languages (with English voiceover) and cross-platform online co-op.
The recent patch that addressed prior issues with saves, AI and several others, is already included upon release on MY.GAMES, so players will enjoy a solid gameplay experience that the Destructive Creations team will continue to enhance.
War Mongrels mixes dynamic, tactical elements, adventure, and stealth, tightly packing it all into a dark, fascinating story.
- Guide the squad as they break from the Third Reich’s forces and get to know your companions. Each character has their own personality, background, and skills to use along the journey.
- Use the interactive environment to your advantage, utilizing distraction tactics by whistling, playing music boxes, or throwing objects before progressing through enemy lines, guard barracks, prison blocks, as well as concentration camps and mass graves that stand as a testament to the horrific cost of war.
- Catch soldiers unaware, ambushing them from the shadows with strategic flanks and an array of character skills or rush in guns blazing, utilizing twin-stick shooter controls as bullets fly across the battlefield.
- Plan your attacks by pausing the action and issuing orders to each squad member, allowing for tactical assaults when the enemy least expects them.
- Join forces with a friend in an online co-op mode.
Discover an oft-untold side of World War II throughout War Mongrels’ harrowing campaign. Accompanying the visceral action are animated cutscenes expanding the story, inspired by real-world accounts from war survivors and historians. By striving for authenticity from uniform details, regional terrain, news articles, and everything in between, developer Destructive Creations aims to shine a light on aspects of World War II that rarely make the history books. All content in War Mongrels underwent careful and thorough examination, referencing a wide range of historical sources, with verification by history consultants Michał Flont and Jack Cuccurullo.
War Mongrels supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) language subtitles at launch with full English voiceover. Console versions of the game will follow next year on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.