From Press Release:
Paris, Friday December 17, 2021 – The dark days of 1989 and landmark events that signaled the end of an era have not come to pass. A tense NATO and Soviet-led Warsaw Pact have deployed in a divided Germany for immediate conflict. The only thing left is to wait for the Warning Order that will start it all. War is coming home, commanders…
Eugen Systems is excited to announce that WARNO – the spiritual successor to Wargame – will come to Early Access on Steam this January 20th. Taking real-time strategy to the next level, WARNO (Warning Order) is the new World War III battle simulator from the masters of strategy.
In the immersive and realistic WARNO, players will need to call on their quick wits and tactical prowess to take charge of the hundreds of units on exquisitely detailed battlefields. World War III conflict becomes a chilling reality, with NATO and Warsaw Pact using their full arsenal of war, from conscripts to Spetsnaz, main battle tanks, attack helicopters, and stealth strike aircraft.
Meticulously researched and painstakingly recreated, every nation and their units in WARNO has unique strengths and weaknesses. As a commander, it’s the player’s duty to use the entire range of tactical tools available to them, from smoke screens to off-map fire missions. Each battle will be heavily contested, be it against the expert computer, fighting in cooperative teams, or ranked against other hot-blooded human opponents.
“The Cold War was a decades-long conflict that never became hot,” said Alexis Le Dressay, Creative Director and co-founder of Eugen Systems. “Military enthusiasts have long pondered just how a “what if” war would have looked like. We believe that with WARNO, we can show how a conventional World War III would have played out. WARNO is grounded in reality and based on fact, from technology to tactics. And thanks to Early Access, we can give our community, veteran and new players alike, a running start to play our new game!“
In WARNO, players can:
- Experience in-depth and realistic real-time strategy Cold War-era warfare. From tactics to technology and hundreds of painstakingly researched and recreated military units from NATO’s and Warsaw Pact’s arsenals.
- Get to know each unit in detail in Armory, and use this knowledge to your advantage as you build, customize and fine-tune each unique battlegroup.
- Witness a battlefield that never looked more beautiful, in the environments and brutal destruction. The latest incarnation of Eugen’s proprietary engine simulates modern combat to the fullest extent.
- Take on maps online, cooperative, or solo. Each map has a unique set of objectives with a dynamic frontline that directly results in one side’s victory or defeat.
- Battle against a smart and truly challenging AI or pit your tactics and strategy against other players, from ranked 1v1 to all-encompassing 10v10 battles.
- Dive into do-or-die Operations or the massive turn-based Army General strategic campaigns depicting some of the hardest-fought “what if” scenarios of a Cold War turned hot. Massive Warsaw Pact armies square off against the NATO formations for a vicious fight across Western Europe.
- Taking advantage of Eugen Systems’ game experience and previous titles, a host of quality-of-life enhancements will appeal to new and veteran players alike, from issuing commands during pre-combat deployment to AI-assisted Smart Orders.
In Steam Early Access, WARNO will be updated continuously with new content, units, game mechanics, scenarios, and campaigns. At release, players will be able to play Skirmish battles, either solo or online, including the massive 10v10 battles. They will also be able to explore the Cold War-era arsenal of two nations: the U.S. and the Soviet Union.
WARNO will launch in Early Access on Steam on January 20th, 2022.