From Press Release:
Oceanside / California / 28 February, 2022 – Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, the grim-dark CRPG, is set to officially launch on Steam and GoG on March 17, 2022 ($24.99). Developed by GrapeOcean Technologies and published by V Publishing, the successfully backed Kickstarter project has had a hugely successful Early Access campaign, delivering more than 20 huge updates since August 2021.
From significant improvements to loading times, all new quest chapters, a fully reworked tutorial and fresh zones: explore the northern frozen harbour of Freynagar, separated from the city by a huge ice dome, or take a trip to Amanuel’s Hoard, the seaside fort owned by the greediest man in history.
Black Geyser has also delivered Linux and Mac Support, a full rebalance for casters, implemented improved boss mechanics and delivered major improvements to its combat and damage scaling. Created by a small indie team and inspired by classics like Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale, the game features challenging real time tactical combat with pause, over 300,000 words of dialogue, deep lore, and memorable companions
“As a small team, it’s been a long road since Early Access’ release, and thanks to the amazing feedback we’ve received from players, both the features and the performance of the game has massively improved. It has been a real community effort – from the fans, to the fans, of the classic-style RTwP genre” – David Zakal, Director and Founder of GrapeOcean Technologies.
Black Geyser invites players to explore a sprawling unique fantasy world, where players are free to build their own hero from five different races and 13 class types. With a unique Greed mechanic that impacts on those around you, players will need to recruit characters with unique personalities and explore a land ravaged by civil war and a mysterious curse.
- A huge world map with 2 countries (Isilmerald and Northern Realm), dozens of districts, settlements, villages and towns.
- 5 playable races (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Feldegug and Rillow).
- 13 unique classes from 4 class archetypes (Priest, Outlaw, Warrior, and Wizard).
- Over 300,000 words of hand-crafted narrative.
- Traditional real-time tactical combat with pause.
- An abundance of spells to wield and crafting to undertake, all combined with deep character progression.
- Character actions impact greed, which directly affects the world around you.
- An original world filled with diverse characters, creatures and biomes.
- Fully voice-acted lead characters.
Your choices, good or evil, will decide the fate of the Kingdom of Isilmerald. Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is available now as an Early Access title on Steam and GoG.