Apr 11, 2022
Become a space necromancer in The Neinzul Abyss expansion for AI War 2 when it arrives April 22nd
From Press Release:
April 11th, 2022 — Arcen Games is excited to announce the release of a new expansion for its space strategy cult hit AI War 2 — AI War 2: The Neinzul Abyss — will be available on Steam April 22nd! Furthermore, The Spire Rises expansion will receive an update on the same day.
We have encountered the Neinzul before, but never like this. All we have ever seen is their vanguard; their young, their hunters. We have never encountered the full central might of their civilization… until now.
Be A Necromancer:
This expansion allows you to play through the whole game as a Necromancer, giving you control over a mobile fleet that feasts on the living from other universes. Capture enemy guard posts, make skeletons and wights out of enemy ships, and quest against the Templars and the Neinzul Elderlings. Development on this massive new playstyle took an entire year, and the word from our testers is that this is their new favorite way to experience the game.
For multiplayer, there is an optional Necromancer Sidekick that can play alongside human or necromancer empires, or in single-player or multi-player you can have any number of Necromancer Empires on their own or with other player types.
The expansion also includes more ships, abilities, two new map types, eight new AI types, and an alternative win condition.
Five New NPC Factions:
- Neinzul Sappers can be the ultimate ally… for you or your enemies
- Neinzul Elderlings are giant creatures you can unleash to roam around the galaxy, even without the necromancer
- Neinzul Custodians are fractured groups of Neinzul that have found their way to our galaxy that will show undying loyalty to any that accept them
- Neinzul Migrant Fleets constantly appear at random on the map, either opening up new holes in your enemies’ defenses or aggravating them and leaving you to pick up the pieces
- Neinzul Wild Hives appear to be relatively peaceful if left alone, but their hives actively inhibit the abilities of any ships within their territory
Updates to ‘The Spire Rises’ Expansion
The following updates will be applied to The Spire Rises expansion on April 22nd:
- New Ark Empire player type
- Spire-Insued Empire player type
- Modular Ships
- New Chromatic Horror faction
- Several new Spire Dyson Sphere factions
- Warheads and Interplanetary Weapons, related to the spire dyson sphere factions
AI War 2 is a grand strategy/RTS hybrid that reverses many of the conventions of both genres. Take territory without attracting attention, build your empire with care, and adapt to an ever-evolving galactic battleground.
AI War 2 and its expansions are available now on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux platforms.
To learn more about AI War 2, visit: https://store.