From Press Release:
Vindobona, Noricum / Hafnia, Daniae, Aprilis XII, MMXXII: “Ave Imperator, Morituri te salutant!” (“Hail, Emperor, those who are about to die salute you!”) – a sentence shouted by the warriors, who were about to risk their life not for their country or a greater cause but for glory itself: The Gladiators! In ancient Rome, it was all about “panem et circensis” (~ “bread and games”) to entertain the masses and to keep them satisfied with the current rulership.
With its brand new DLC “Death or Glory”, the critically acclaimed CRPG Expeditions: Rome will bring the feeling of these ancient roman games to your PC by introducing a new class – the Gladiator – and adding arenas to the different regions, you’ve visited throughout the campaign. You can now prove the combat prowess of your praetorian guard in the sands of the arena and fight against various enemies, including ferocious lions and very talented champions – will you claim their titles for yourself?
The new DLC is out today and a legion of other additions are coming along with the Gladiator-class, and its unique set of 24 skills. There are the new arenas, new weapons, new armours, new crafting recipes, and new enemies as well as new customization options for your legion and your praetorians. The DLC content will be included into the campaign or can be accessed directly by starting the game in the new “Gladiator Mode”.
The Expeditions: Rome DLC Death or Glory launches today, April, 12th, 2022 on PC at an SRP of $ 9.99 | € 9.99 | £ 7.99 and comes with a 20% release discount.
Get it on Steam: https://thqn.net/rome-steam
Get it on Gog.com: https://www.gog.com/game/
Get it at the Epic Game Store: https://www.epicgames.com/
Try before you buy? Download the Expeditions: Rome demo now on Steam, you can even continue playing from your savegame if you get the full game: https://thqn.net/rome-steam
Twitch Drops are back!
To celebrate the arrival of the new DLC, Expeditions: Rome is offering a new set of Twitch Drops for the next 2 weeks. The campaign will start April 12th at 6 AM PDT / 3 PM CEST and run till April 25th at 6 AM PDT /3 PM CEST.
There will be 3 different drops to obtain:
- 1st Drop is a new color scheme, which you will receive after watching 1 hour of a participating channel
- 2nd Drop is a unique emblem, which you will receive after watching for 1.5 hours of a participating channel
- 3rd drop is a new trophy pack, which you will receive after watching 2 hours of a participating channel
Don the armour of a gladiator and enter the arena with your praetorian guard to win fame and fortune. Introducing the Gladiator character class to Expeditions: Rome, this DLC offers a new way to experience the game’s branching story through the 3 new gladiator sub-classes: as a tough and heavily armoured Murmillo, a highly mobile and cunning Retiarius, or a morale-manipulating Provocator.
Each region of the campaign now includes a unique arena, with their own questline featuring memorable champions and deadly new enemies, and a brand new Audience Approval system to add more flavour and tactical variety to Expeditions: Rome’s acclaimed combat. Defeat the three champions to master the arenas and access randomised arena fights, or start the game in Gladiator Mode to skip directly to the new content and earn a unique trophy for the main game for your efforts.
- Brand new Gladiator character class with a full set of 24 new class skills. Play a gladiator yourself, change one of your companions into a gladiator, or recruit new gladiators for your praetorian guard.
- Accept the invitation to fight in the arena while playing through the original campaign, or skip directly to the new content by starting the game in Gladiator Mode.
- Face the lions! Alongside several new gladiator enemy types, these fierce beasts will challenge your resolve and your tactical prowess.
- Exotic new Scissor weapon: wielded in the off-hand, this weapon complements the Gladiator class and boosts their Retaliation stat, enabling them to counterattack when struck.
- Learn to craft the stylish new gladiator armour and helmet or earn the champions’ unique versions.
- Craft the new Acid Pot and Hunting Trap tactical items to give your party an extra edge.
- Unlock striking new colour themes and emblems for your legion or your praetorian guard as you become the champion of each arena.
- Defend your title as champion in infinitely repeatable randomised arena fights.
If you want to learn more about Expeditions: Rome – Death or Glory visit the official website.
|Expeditions: Rome Official Website|