From Press Release:
Samobor, Croatia – May 2, 2022 – Pine Studio is happy to announce that Escape Simulator has sold over 1,000,000 copies since the release of the game in October last year. To celebrate this amazing milestone the developers have released a free new escape room, with a theme which might be familiar to the Pine fans…
The free escape room is a homage to Cats in Time, a previous escape game from Pine Studio. It arrives alongside a series of updates and improvements to the room editor to make things even easier for the dedicated room builders who have produced more than 2,500 rooms to date! To get an impression of the new room, check out the new trailer.
Steam Store page link: https://store.steampowered.
Since its release, Escape Simulator has now been played by over 1,000,000 puzzle and escape room fans from all over the world. This is a huge milestone celebrated by Pine Studio with the release of a new escape room for their fans. This escape room is inspired by an earlier game developed by the studio: Cats in Time. Cats in Time is a puzzle game on PC and mobile, where you have to find all 300+ (!) hidden cats that have gone missing while they were playing with a time machine made by Professor Tim Edger.
In Escape Simulator you must figure out how to time travel to meet up with Professor Edger in 1921, but the time machine isn’t quite ready to go – and when it is working, you might need to unravel some twists in time to reach your final destination!
Tomislav Podhraški, CTO and Co-owner, is very happy with this milestone: “We’d like to thank every single one of you for joining us on this journey! When we started, we placed bets with each other on how many units we’d sell, and needless to say those expectations have been exceeded by more than we could have ever hoped for. With all your support we can keep expanding Escape Simulator and we already have many plans to do so, starting with more free rooms and updates to the room editor. And later this summer, we’ll reveal some exciting new DLCs that we’re currently working on… So stay tuned for more news!”
This week, Escape Simulator and Cats in Time will be discounted by 20% on Steam!
Community creativity in the latest Build-A-Room: the Time Travel challenge!
Pine Studio holds regular room creation competitions to stimulate the Escape Simulator builder community, and some amazing rooms came out of the recent Build-A-Room #2 contest. All the rooms are made using the in-game editor, and the variety on display shows just how powerful a tool it is – with today’s update making it even more handy to use!
To go with the new free room there is a new builder challenge that calls for players to create a room themed around time travel! More details will be revealed later this week!
Escape Simulator is a first-person puzzler which you can play solo or in online co-op. Explore a growing collection of highly interactive escape rooms. Move furniture, pick up and examine everything, smash pots and break locks! The game supports more than 2,500 community-made rooms through the level editor, offering escape room fans enough to explore!
- Solve puzzles. Face a growing collection of interactive escape rooms, spread across four weird and wonderful locations: “Labyrinth of Egypt”, “Adrift in Space”, “Edgewood Mansion” and “Omega Corporation”.
- Team up with friends. Every Escape Simulator room supports online co-op! Join forces with friends to test your teamwork & tackle puzzles together.
- Dress to impress. Wear silly hats, customize your character & wear a series of themed outfits, tailor-made for each puzzle environment.
- Powered by the community. Use the level-editor to build your very own *dream* escape room. Or dive into one of the 2,500+ custom rooms built by our creative community.
- Cause chaos! Smash vases. Melt locks. Rearrange the furniture. Make a mess! If it’s not nailed down, you can pick it up (and inevitably throw it at your friends).
Official website: https://pinestudio.com/
Steam Store page: https://store.steampowered.
Discord channel: https://discord.com/invite/