From Press Release:
Grand Rapids, United States – August 25th, 2022: FINJI, the indie publisher behind award-winning indie titles TUNIC, Chicory: A Colorful Tale and Night in the Woods is proud to announce that their new game I Was A Teenage Exocolonist is available starting today, August 25th on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch, as well as PC, Mac & Linux on Steam, Humble, Epic Games Store and itch.io for $24.99/€23.99/£21.59.
Developed by Northway Games, I Was A Teenage Exocolonist will ask you to spend your teenage years on an alien planet in this narrative RPG with card-based battles. Explore, grow up, and fall in love. The choices you make and skills you master over ten years will determine the course of your life and the survival of your colony.
“It’s release day! The team and I have been eagerly waiting to open the gates and invite everyone to come explore our beautiful planet Vertumna,” says Sarah Northway, Game Design and Direction at Northway Games, “I hope you find it as charming, thrilling, moving, and fun as we do, and I can’t wait to hear what sort of Teenage Exocolonist you’ll be. Vertumna awaits!”
I Was A Teenage Exocolonist Features are:
- Use memories of past lives to explore 800+ story events.
- Discover more than 250 battle cards as you grow up on an alien planet.
- Play your best hand in challenge encounters to ace your math test or escape from a wild snapbladder.
- Make friends, fight with your parents, go on dates, fall in love, and save the colony.
- 29 wildly different endings based on the choices you make each month.
- Pick from 25 colony jobs, like goofing off as a depot clerk, or surveying the valley.
- Grow into 15 skills, including bravery, toughness, organization, and empathy.
- Get to know 10 dateable characters, including dog-boys, aliens, hot politicians and stone cold killers.
More details about I Was A Teenage Exocolonist can be found on the official website here, as well as more details on FINJI’s upcoming projects here.