From Press Release:
São Paulo, Brazil – September 20, 2022 – Akane, a popular hack-and-slash game from developer Ludic Studios and publisher DX Gameworks, launches today on Xbox for $3.99 USD and on PlayStation for $3.84 USD. Akane received an overwhelmingly positive reception with its Steam release, and the team is excited to finally bring this furious experience to consoles.
Relive Akane’s bloody last night again and again as you master fluid hack-and-slash combat with one-hit kills. Raise your body count sky high to secure her sweet revenge against the Yakuza scum who killed her parents when she was only a child! The heart-thumping soundtrack will get you in the zone for a spree of frenetic combat set against the neon cyberpunk backdrop of a futuristic Mega Tokyo.
If at first you don’t succeed, die and die again.
- Master addictively fluid hack-and-slash combat using your trusty katana and pistol.
- When you die—and you will die—quickly restart to jump right back into the action.
- Enemies will spawn at a gradually increasing speed to keep you on your toes.
- Unleash the Dragon Slash and Dragon Slayer, special attacks that require adrenaline attained from killing enemies to execute.
- Try to make it to the boss to secure Akane’s revenge! He evolves and gets stronger based on how many times he’s been killed, so stay sharp to secure victory.
- Strive to clear achievements such as shooting 50 foes in one playthrough or reaching 30 kills with 100% katana accuracy.
- Improve your score to unlock extras that enhance combat, like new katanas, pistols, cigarettes, boots, and gadgets.
- Get in the killing zone with flashy pixel graphics and a heart-thumping soundtrack.
About DX Gameworks
DX Gameworks is a video game publisher and developer that helps games succeed by providing structure, development services, design advice, and more to developers. The company take no recoup on costs to ensure everyone benefits from a game’s success. To find out more about DX Gameworks and its titles, please visit their official website.
About Ludic Studios
We are a small indie game studio located in Brazil. Our goal is to explore innovative mechanics, focus on well-constructed narratives and provide a remarkable gaming experience. We want to discover and model new worlds and, above all, we want to lead the people to them.