Nov 10, 2022
Everything coming November 16th to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Season 01 – even DMZ
From Press Release:
The Call of Duty Blog has a lot of exciting things to share about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 Season 01, launching on November 16 at 10am PT. Here’s a quick summary of the high points:
Warzone 2.0 Overview:
- New Map: Al Mazrah: Use 18 major points of interest to plot out your victory in Battle Royale or explore them en route to extraction in the brand-new DMZ experience.
- DMZ: DMZ is an open-world, narrative-focused extraction mode where Operators have free rein to complete faction-based missions, take on additional side objectives, engage with enemy Operators or AI combatants, and search for valuable items, all while fighting to survive toward exfiltration.
- Custom Loadouts are Back: Players will have quicker access to their Loadout’s primary benefit: The Primary Weapon.
- New Backpack System: Fully integrated for DMZ and streamlined for Battle Royale modes.
- New Gulag: The Gulag will be a 2v2 environment where randomly paired Duos must coordinate to take down their opposition. It will also include a Jailer, who will appear in the middle of the match to help speed up combat.
- Third-Person Playlists Coming In-Season to Warzone 2.0: For the first time in Warzone history, we welcome fans of third-person Battle Royale action during Season 01.
Modern Warfare II Season 01 Overview:
- Shoot House, Shipment Set for Reimagined Return. Prepare to finish out those camo challenges or just embrace the frantic chaos these action-packed maps provide.
- New Battle Pass, Now with More Player Choice. Conquer a new Battle Pass as you choose map Sectors your way to unlock both free and premium items in whatever order you decide.
- Four Weapons, Six Total Operators. Two new weapon platforms and two Trios — one of elite soldiers and one of football’s finest — are set to bolster your arsenal and Operator roster.
- New Special Ops Mission, Raid Episode 1 In-Season. Grab your Duo and assault the enemy on land and in the air before gearing up for the continuation of the Modern Warfare II story in a daunting Raid experience.
- Seasonal Prestige System. New challenges and rewards await those who clear the Military Ranks.
- Open the CDL Moshpit. Prior to the introduction of Modern Warfare II Ranked Mode in a future Season, practice on the official maps and ruleset with your squad.
For additional details, head to the Call of Duty blog: https://www.callofduty.com/