From Press Release:
Seattle, Wash – November 17, 2022 – It’s time to grab your space suit because El Presidente is taking the award-winning franchise to new heights in Tropico 6 – New Frontiers. Published by Kalypso Media and developed in-house by Realmforge Studios, the newest addition to the popular strategy title promises more adventure, more risk, and more votes for El Prez. The space race begins on December 1st when Tropico 6 – New Frontiers blasts onto PC.
El Presidente knows you can’t improve on perfection, but you can always expand it! Which is why he has set his sights on taking Tropico to the Moon and winning the Space Race. In the New Frontiers DLC, players can use the new Space Port Complex to construct rockets and delve into research to keep the international competition at bay. Take on 5 challenging missions with the new Mission Mars campaign as you work to launch Tropico into a glorious future and take the famous first step on the Moon. You can even establish the first Mars colony of humankind – also a convenient place to send your political opponents. Meet unique characters, utilize new buildings and customize a fresh look for El Prez and his palace that is out of this world. But be warned, nobody knows what unforeseen circumstances await in the vast expanses of space. You’ll need to be creative if you want to avoid aborting your mission.
- Reach for the stars with Tropico 6 – New Frontiers: Together with the brand-new Space Port Complex, the new mechanics open up exciting possibilities for you to play sandbox scenarios and significantly expand the end-game experience. Expanding your Mars colony by sending more and more Tropicans into space not only gets rid of unwelcome citizens, but also secures valuable bonuses for your island nation.
- Mission Mars: The new campaign with 5 missions lets Tropico compete against the international competition in the research race. Meet new and familiar characters from the Tropico series, including the Professor, Hector Sanchez, Patch and Veronica Veneno, and lead your nation into a glorious future!
- 9 new buildings shoot to the sky! Complete your assembly lines in the new Spaceport Complex and meet the increased energy demand with the Fusion Reactor and the Reclaimer. With the new vertical stacking mechanic, you can expand the Capsule Cluster, Agriculture Tower and Synthetic Food Lab to meet the needs of your subjects. You can also show the world how modern and entertaining Tropico is with the Hologram Entertainment Center.
- New design options for your palace and El Presidente! With the additional decorations and an all new accessory you’ll be perfectly prepared for the challenges of the space race!
- 2 new edicts: Turn your space missions into more money with the “Space Soap Opera” or use “Hear the Call” to get your citizens to the spaceship.
Tropico 6 – New Frontiers will initiate its launch sequence on PC on December 1st. The cosmic DLC will expand its mission to PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S consoles on December 15th.