From Press Release:
Friday, 21st April 2023 – Team17 Digital and Small Impact Games have today announced ‘United Allies’, the largest content update to date for hardcore looter shooter Marauders, arriving 25th April for free on Steam.
In the new update to the Steam Early Access shooter, players can explore and pillage a colossal colony cruiser while taking on the brand-new ‘United Allies’ faction, a syndicate of heavily armed space-navy Marine operators hailing from the game’s fictional western alliance. They’ll take on United Allies conscripts to rack up their kill count and have the chance to loot new equipment, including unique cosmetics, Sherman plate armour, and personal explosives such as hand grenades and the devastating ‘China Lake’ grenade launcher.
Marauders’ United Allies update also adds a variety of community requested features to the game, including 14 new ships for players to purchase via an in-game ship vendor or breach in battle and claim as their own (more than triple the amount currently available in the game); the brand-new ‘Wreckage’ resource that introduces in-flight salvaging via ship airlocks and provides another way for players obtain materials; deadly explosive barrels; handy in-raid vendors to purchase resources from; and proximity voice chat for players to scheme with their squad and taunt their opponents.
Marauders takes place in an alternative 1990s where The Great War never ended, Earth has been industrialised to its breaking point, and most have fled to the stars. Band together with a crew of up to three other players to navigate a hostile battleground, hunt for loot, craft new weapons and gear, and salvage what’s needed to survive.
Marauders Key Features
- Immersive sci-fi setting: Discover a gritty dieselpunk world where Earth is on the brink of collapse and survival relies on looting and shooting among the stars
- Raid, loot, escape: Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and embark on daring raids for troves of valuable loot, then get out alive to claim your spoils and turn a healthy profit
- Tense first-person combat: Work alone or with up to three other players to survive intense combat encounters with realistic bullet simulation against enemy teams and AI opponents
- Persistent gear and XP: Keep your best gear match-to-match and tweak your favourite weapons with mods while using XP to unlock new items and increase your chances of survival
- Upgradeable spaceships and explosive sci-fi dogfights: Upgrade your ship’s armaments; build a brand-new craft with scavenged resources; or take someone else’s by force
About Small Impact Games
Small Impact Games is an independent development studio based in the UK. The company has over 20 years of combined industry experience and includes alumni from prominent development and publishing figureheads Codemasters, Headstrong Games, Electronic Arts and Rocksteady Studios. The team has worked on a large range of projects across a variety of platforms including mobile, console, PC, and VR. Its current title is the sci-fi multiplayer extraction shooter, Marauders, out now in Steam Early Access. Visit www.marauders.game for more information.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles, and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands include Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more information.