From Press Release:
Thursday, 10th August 2023 – Small Impact Games & Team17 Digital have today announced the fourth free major content update for Steam Early Access shooter Marauders, ‘Plunder’ which deployed this past week. In the new update, players can jump into a brand-new, solos only focused game mode where six other players, disguised as raiders, will begin the match with a basic loadout and need to use their time crucially as they hunt for new loot while keeping an eye on their remaining oxygen.
The new mode also introduces the ability for players to earn XP through PVP kills but also adds a brand-new enemy to the standard mode, ‘The Bandit’, a loot goblin which players will be able to track to common loot stashes within certain raid locations such as the Spaceport, Mining Frigate, Terraformer, and Asteroid Mine.
For a full list of additions and changes in the Plunder update, visit the official developer blog.
Small Impact Games has also revealed an updated road map for Marauders detailing the additions and changes that will arrive for the game before the end of the year.
Marauders Key Features
- Immersive sci-fi setting: Discover a gritty dieselpunk world where Earth is on the brink of collapse and survival relies on looting and shooting among the stars
- Raid, loot, escape: Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and embark on daring raids for troves of valuable loot, then get out alive to claim your spoils and turn a healthy profit
- Tense first-person combat: Work alone or with up to three other players to survive intense combat encounters with realistic bullet simulation against enemy teams and AI opponents
- Persistent gear and XP: Keep your best gear match-to-match and tweak your favourite weapons with mods while using XP to unlock new items and increase your chances of survival
- Upgradeable spaceships and explosive sci-fi dogfights: Upgrade your ship’s armaments; build a brand-new craft with scavenged resources; or take someone else’s by force
Marauders is currently 25% off on Steam until 21st August and players will be able to test the waters August 10 – 14th during a Free Steam Weekend.