From Press Release:
Wednesday, 14th December 2022 – Team17 and Small Impact Games have announced that ‘Red Baron’, the debut and free content update for hardcore looter shooter Marauders, will be available today from 5pm UTC on Steam.
Marking the game’s first major content update since its Steam Early Access launch in October, Marauders’ ‘Red Baron’ update sees players take on the game’s first boss: the titular and legendary pilot. A dogfighting ace from the game’s Central Empire faction and an expert in both close-quarters battles and space flight combat, the Red Baron is a formidable foe who will test the skills of space pirates from across the galaxy.
Marauders takes place in an alternative 1990s where The Great War never ended, Earth has been industrialised to its breaking point, and most have fled to the stars. Band together with a crew of up to three other players to navigate a hostile battleground, hunt for loot, craft new weapons and gear, and salvage what’s needed to survive.
Marauders Key Features
- Immersive sci-fi setting: Discover a gritty dieselpunk world where Earth is on the brink of collapse and survival relies on looting and shooting among the stars
- Raid, loot, escape: Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and embark on daring raids for troves of valuable loot, then get out alive to claim your spoils and turn a healthy profit
- Tense first-person combat: Work alone or with up to three other players to survive intense combat encounters with realistic bullet simulation against enemy teams and AI opponents
- Persistent gear and XP: Keep your best gear match-to-match and tweak your favourite weapons with mods while using XP to unlock new items and increase your chances of survival
- Upgradeable spaceships and explosive sci-fi dogfights: Upgrade your ship’s armaments; build a brand-new craft with scavenged resources; or take someone else’s by force
Marauders is being developed by Small Impact Games, an independent development studio based in the UK, and is now available to purchase on Steam for £24.99/29.99 USD/€29.99. To keep up to date with the latest on Marauders, like the game on Facebook, follow on Twitter, join the official Discord, and follow the developer blog.