From Press Release:
Wednesday, 12th July 2023 – RocketBrush Studio and Team17 Digital have launched Apex Necromancy, a new update for Steam Early Access rogue-lite action RPG, The Unliving. The latest update includes many community requested features and additions, as well as the new Vow of Deicide mode that increases the game’s difficulty after defeating the final boss for the first time, allowing players to test their undead prowess against unforgiving foes.
As well as the new and more challenging mode, Apex Necromancy includes the addition of a radar that indicates points of interest and the main path to each location’s boss, and a tracker that displays the proximity of the next soul shard, streamlining gameplay for players. A Necromancer’s horde of undead is his most valuable asset, and in this latest update, several improvements and optimisations have been made to the way the shambling masses assist in game, with players able to limit the number of simultaneous units and merge them into higher ranking undead with significantly increased health and damage.
The Unliving follows a vengeful Necromancer sweeping relentlessly across the land, smiting his enemies and reanimating fallen foes in pursuit of an antidote to restore his broken soul. Each new run sees the Necromancer return stronger than before, learning from his mistakes with each failed attempt, and offering a new chance for humanity to fall. In the brutal and procedurally generated world, players will slay armies, beat epic bosses, collect powerful spells, and gather resources to restore his citadel, all while uncovering the secrets of the Necromancer, and his faithful followers.
The Unliving Key Features:
- Turn enemies into unique undead minions: Each fallen foe has an undead counterpart that the Necromancer can summon to his undead army
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art chunks
- Death is only the beginning: Through each death players will be resurrected, keeping their progression. Gathered necromantic resources can be used to restore the citadel hub world and power up the Necromancer
- Overcome blessed bosses: Powerful creatures are the last hope of living to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Meet members of your own necromantic cult, and interrogate enemies to piece together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields