From Press Release:
Developer Sweet Bandits Studios and publisher Tripwire Presents, announced today the release of the DECEIVE INC. Neon Nights update. Out now for PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®5 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems, the update marks the second major post-launch launch content update for DECEIVE INC. following the release of the Misery Empire update, a testament to the developer’s commitment to continue supporting the game and its growing community of crafty spies. In addition to an all-new Agent that introduces poison gameplay, and the release of Seasonal Catalog 2, brimming with new cosmetics, new players ready to enter the world of DECEIVE INC. can also look forward to a free weekend running from July 27 at 12:01 a.m. (PDT) until July 30 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT). The free weekend will be accessible on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S console systems as well as on PC (via Epic Games Store).
To celebrate the DECEIVE INC. Neon Nights update launch, new agents are encouraged to take advantage of a limited time 25% discount for DECEIVE INC. across all supported platforms! Please visit the official website for links to the various platform store pages where more details are available.
DECEIVE INC. Neon Nights Update Highlights:
- Neon Nights – Catalog Season 2: The player-friendly alternative to traditional Battle Pass systems sees a second catalog of offerings with the Neon Nights update. Players can unlock the new agent assassin, Sasori as well as premium cyberpunk-themed legendary skins for both Sasori and Hans – and special catalog 2 skins for Squire, Yu-Mi, and Chavez – with Catalog coins, earned by playing DECEIVE INC. Premium catalog items may be unlocked with Bonds (in-game premium currency), giving access to more unlockable items. Seasoned agents can also dress to impress and further customize their agent’s look with a new selection of exclusive inks that add special VFX for the very first time.
- New Agent, Sasori: Once the world’s most infamous assassin, Sasori took a vow to end his life of bloodshed after rebelling against his former boss, Hans. Sasori later opened his own restaurant in Osaka where he was living peacefully until he was compelled to return to the field by fellow Deceive Inc. operative Chavez. Sasori’s only condition: No collaterals.
- New Poison Effect: Sasori also introduces non-lethal poison, a new status effect that comes alongside a unique kit of weapons based around throwing darts and a traditional wakizashi sword. In addition to blocking all forms of healing, poison also prevents advanced interactions, such as hacking doors. Sasori’s base passive ability also traces poisoned agents, allowing him to track targets through walls. This makes Sasori a true threat, enabling him to isolate rival agents before moving in for a strike.
- New Limited-time Duo Mode: Available for a limited-time during the DECEIVE INC. free weekend event, players can look forward to testing the experimental Duo mode, which pits six teams of two against each other. Designed to meet the community’s most requested new feature, Duo mode offers a nice middle ground between the game’s solo mode and 3-player team match-ups.
- HEAT System Updates: Designed to reduce collateral damage and raise its operational standards, DECEIVE INC. has introduced this new system to discourage unnecessary harm to civilians. Agents will be penalized with increased vulnerability and suffer extra damage when mistaking civilians for rival agents too many times in a row. Players’ HEAT levels will also reduce over time. Since the HEAT system was first introduced with the Misery Empire update, players have had overwhelmingly positive feedback. Sweet Bandit Studios has responded by further increasing consequences for collateral damage with a full heat level penalty for downing a civilian, staff, or technician. For a full recap of updates to the HEAT system and the other quality of life improvements included with the Neon Nights update, please head here.
Available now, the standard edition of DECEIVE INC. has an MSRP of $19.99 USD, €19.99 EUR, and £16.99 GBP with an ESRB: T for Teen and PEGI 16 rating. Aspiring agents can also purchase the DECEIVE INC. Black Tie Edition for an MSRP of $29.99 USD, €29.99 EUR, and £24.99 GBP to receive a ton of cool extras, including the “Dressed to Impress” Profile Portrait, Title, and Equipment Ink with an additional 1,000 Bonds (in-game premium currency).