From Press Release:
July 31, 2023– Independent games development studio 3DIVISION releases the last big update for Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic, the real-time Soviet-themed city builder tycoon game, on Steam today at $34.99. After this update, a release of the 1.0 version will follow in Q4 2023.
The game’s new update introduces waste management with up to 10 waste components from citizens and industries, challenging demolition tasks with handling demolition vehicles and waste, maintenance for buildings and vehicles, and additional mods like residential buildings, factories, aggregate storages, and trains.
Maintenance is necessary to repair buildings and vehicles after use. Additionally, the game incorporates various mods, including residential buildings, factories, aggregate storage, and multiple trains.
Other updates worth mentioning include the addition of new western vehicles that can be purchased with in-game currency, a graphical upgrade with various placeholder graphics replaced, the introduction of research that unlock numerous features and buildings, the ability to fertilize fields for better crop yield, and the implementation of single lane roads.
- Waste management: citizens and industries producing up to 10 components of waste such as metal scrap, aluminium scrap, constructon waste, burnable waste, ash, etc.
- Demolition: if you wanna to demolish something you need to handle demolition vehicles (or pay for demolition) and then you need to handle waste from the demolition site.
- Maintenance: now the vehicles and buildings wear out and you need to reconstruct and fix them.
- Mods incorporation: the best mods were added into the game such as residential buildings, factories, aggregate storages, different models of trains, etc.
- New western vehicles: purchase vehicles made in the West using dollars.
- Graphical upgrade: various replacement of placeholder graphics.
- Research: many features and buildings are now locked behind the research.
- Fertilizing: fertilize your fields to get more crops.
- Single lane roads.
- Manage all aspects of your republic with a planned economy, including mining resources, manufacturing goods, construction, investments, and citizens.
- Create your own industrial complexes with loading and unloading stations, storage, warehouses, and factories.
- Build the infrastructure and manage its traffic, including roads, railways, sidewalks, conveyors, wiring, and pipelines. Wisely place and connect factories, houses and warehouses, and make the most efficient connections.
- Plan and build the living areas with everything your citizens may need to live their happy life, such as playgrounds, cinemas, taverns, and shops.
- Send your citizens to the mine to get coal, iron and other natural resources; or send them to the fields to pick up the crops; or take them to factories to produce manufactured goods.
- Sell and purchase resources and goods from western countries or other soviet countries to get dollars or rubles and buy the products or resources you need … or invest in new infrastructure or buildings.
- Enjoy authentic soviet buildings and vehicles, as well as realistic landscapes of the 60’s to the 90’s.
- Play the way you want! You can focus on getting natural resources or products and trade them for money; or you can build a self-sufficient republic; or you can just use the easy sandbox mode with unlimited money/resources and just enjoy building something live.
- Prices of resources on the global market are changing over time as you play –one day you can sell or purchase steel for $100 per ton, but in a few months the cost can rise to $200 or decrease to $50. The price of everything is connected to the cost of work and resources.