Oct 13, 2023
Starship Troopers: Extermination explores the The Hives of Valaka in new mode, and adds new weapons in latest update
From Press Release:
New Westminster, BC, Canada – Oct 12th, 2023 — Incoming message from the United Citizen Federation: Offworld Industries, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, are thrilled to share the latest update to the Early Access release of Starship Troopers: Extermination, adding a new combat mode, new maps and weaponry, and plenty of quality of life fixes. Update 0.5.0 – The Hives of Valaka brings the fight underground with Hive Hunt: a new combat mode focused on quick assaults with shorter matches limited to 4 players, and set across 3 new maps within the dark and dangerous cave networks of Valaka. In the hives, tactical positioning and skillful utilization of each class becomes even more important, while the shorter match lengths keep combat dynamic, varied and fast-paced.
Along with introducing the Hives of Valaka, Update 0.5.0 adds new weapons to bolster your firepower in the battle against the Bugs: each class now has its own specialty shotgun, as well as a sniper rifle available to the Hunter, adding utility to both close quarters and long-range combat. Every class also has new loadout items, and the Offworld Industries team has increased Level Caps to help keep combat smooth and balanced, with 30 now the maximum available progression level for each class. Keeping track of your progression has also been simplified, as XP will now be displayed on screen. These features are being introduced to solicit further player feedback and may be adjusted in the future.
By working closely with the community players through Early Access, the Offworld Industries team has enlisted all ST:E fans to help determine what features and mechanics to build upon and evolve before the game’s eventual transition into 1.0. Player feedback continues to be integral to the ongoing creative process, as Offworld Industries works to iterate upon prevalent requests and continues adding more and more content in the weeks and months ahead.
The Early Access edition of Starship Troopers: Extermination, as of Update 0.5.0, is currently available for $29.99 USD—a lower price point than when it launches into 1.0—reflecting the game’s stage of development—and puts players on the far-off front lines in an all-out war with the Arachnid menace. Sign up as a Trooper in the Deep Space Vanguard, an elite Special Forces group within the Mobile Infantry, and get ready to stomp some Bug! No Trooper will ever stand alone as they line up shoulder-to-shoulder with their fellow Vanguards—trusty Morita Assault Rifles in hand—to battle against hordes of bloodthirsty insectoid aliens on the hostile surface of the planet Valaka.
Work together to complete objectives, acquire resources, build and defend your base of operations, and then escape to the extraction point together. The battle will be intense but, as hardened warriors standing for all of humanity and the United Citizen Federation, leave no inch of ground safe for the Arachnids!
Other Key Features:
- Cooperative Gameplay – 16 players can team up in squads of four to defend their base, complete objectives, gather resources, and try to kill every Bug in sight.
- Three Playable Classes – Choose from Hunter (Assault), Operator (Support), and Bastion (Defense) classes to best suit your playstyle and support the rest of your squad.
- Build Defenses – Construct walls, towers, ammo stations, and more using resources acquired from planetside refineries.
- Class Progression System – Unlock new weapons, equipment, and perks for each class to become an elite warfighter among the Deep Space Vanguard.
- 5 Unique Bug Types – Encounter Drone, Warrior, Gunner, Plasma Grenadier, and Tiger enemy Bugs during missions.
- Escalating Infestation Levels – Increasing Bug threat levels during missions bring bigger and more dangerous enemies to the fight.
- Large-scale Battles – A massive map with five unique zones, and swarm-based combat with hundreds of enemy Bugs on screen delivers the sense of an overwhelming planetary war.
- Mutators – Introduce game variants that can adjust the parameters of every match such as Sandstorm, Pitch black and Low Gravity, providing endless replayability and added challenge.
- Ground War – Retake bases and refineries, deliver resources, and complete a variety of side objectives to wrest control of the map away from the Bug menace.
- Ping system – Communication is key! The ‘Ping’ system gives players a quick and easy way to call out points of interest, objectives, incoming enemies, and more to teammates.