Anomaly Warzone Earth comes to XBLA in 2012
In Spring 2012, 11 bit studios will bring their award-winning Anomaly Warzone Earth to Xbox 360 on Xbox LIVE Arcade, with exclusive XBLA content – all new Tactical Trials levels that will test your puzzle-solving skills in the Anomaly world.
The ultimate Tower Offense strategy game tasks you with saving near-future Earth from an alien onslaught. The unwelcome invaders have captured the world’s major cities, building huge turrets that destroy everything in their path. It’s up to you to lead an armored squad through the streets of cities like Baghdad and Tokyo. By putting you on the attack, Anomaly Warzone Earth turns tower defense on its head and presents an extraordinary mixture of action and real-time strategy perfectly suited to the Xbox 360.
Earlier this year, Anomaly Warzone Earth was released for PC, Mac and iOS to rave reviews (including ours), with the latter earning a Metacritic score of 94! Reviewers and players alike hailed Anomaly’s slick appearance, intuitive interface and original approach to a popular strategy game genre. Now Xbox gamers will have the chance to experience what IGN called “a perfect challenge for any strategist” and what Destructoid considers “a fresh and exhilaratingly fun strategy experience that only few titles can match.”
What’s to get excited about?
– Enjoy innovative Tower Offense gameplay – you’re the attacking side!
– Experience a new approach to strategy games on consoles – a strategy game designed to be played with a gamepad.
– Dive into six Xbox-exclusive Tactical Trials levels that will test your puzzle-solving skills in the Anomaly world.
– Play for hours on end in the engaging story campaign, as well as the two exciting Squad Assault Modes.
– Immerse yourself in the game with great visuals and atmospheric audio.