Killing Floor celebrates 1 Million Sold
Tripwire Interactive are thrilled to announce that Killing Floor has sold more than 1 million copies on PC – and is still selling strongly! This is a major achievement from any game studio as few games, even multi-million-dollar AAA titles, ever sell over 1 million copies on PC. As a truly independent outfit who have funded ourselves all the way, we are particularly proud of the achievement. Our thanks go to all the developers of the Killing Floor mod and everyone on the team here at Tripwire Interactive, who’s continued support has made the game such a huge success. We would also like to thank all the members of the community who have made maps and other add-ons for the game, with the Killing Floor SDK. And, most importantly, we offer our thanks to all of the fans and everyone who has bought the game over the past two years and helped make Killing Floor the cultural phenomenon that it is today.
As everyone loves stats, here are some of the important ones:
- • 1.1 MILLION copies of Killing Floor sold on PC in 2 and a half years
- • Nearly 2 million Killing Floor DLC packs sold
- • 45 MILLION hours of Killing Floor played to date
- • 440 MILLION Zeds have been dispatched in Achievements alone – including more than a quarter-million Christmas Santa
- • Zeds are being killed by you at the rate of over 20,000 an hour!
- • Hundreds of custom maps have been created by the community
But we’re not just here to brag! In fact we’ve decided to do something very special to celebrate the 1 million copies milestone. For the next three days we’re practically giving the game away with a massive discount of 85% as the “Midweek Madness” feature on Steam this week. That is the cheapest we’ve ever sold the game for. If you have friends who don’t yet play the game, now is the time to educate them on the joys of Killing Floor. You all go on playing the games we make for PC and we’ll go on making and supporting them!