Bungie and Activision, announced today that Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves is now available for download on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, and Xbox One and Xbox 360. Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves marks the second official expansion to the Destiny universe that adds a wealth of new weapons, armor and gear to earn in new story missions and quests, three new competitive multiplayer maps and a new co-op Strike. In addition, the expansion welcomes new activities to Destiny with the introduction of a brand-new competitive multiplayer event in the Crucible called Trials of Osiris, and a brand new co-op arena activity called the Prison of Elders.
“We continue to be humbled by the Destiny community, and remain fully committed to creating the best experience we can for the fans,” said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. “That means we’re listening every day to real-time feedback from the players. In the eight months since launch, we’ve supported the game with 17 updates that we believe have grown and improved the universe. House of Wolvesis no different. For example, we’ve engineered a new upgrade path for your existing Exotic and Legendary gear, and we’re revamping our PvP system with a new rewards system and new PvP event called Trials of Osiris. We’re excited to see the response.”
Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves features the following:
- New Co-op Arena Activity – Set in the Prison of Elders, teams of three players can take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies to earn high-level legendary and exotic rewards.
- New Competitive Multiplayer Event – The Trials of Osiris is a brand new, weekly 3v3 elimination event where power levels matter.
- New Loot and Customizations – Earn new weapons, armor, and gear, including Legendary, Exotic, Faction and Fallen-themed items.
- Level Increase – Raise your Light Level to 34, including the introduction of gear ascension to increase the maximum level of previously earned Legendary and Exotic weapons and armor.
- New Story Missions and Quests – Take on new adventures through new missions and quests featuring Petra Venj of the Queensguard and Variks, a Fallen loyal to the Queen.
- New Social Space – Visit a brand new space in The Reef, set within the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter,with new vendors offering unique rewards, new bounties and more.
- New Strike: The Shadow Thief – Journey to the Moon and hunt down a notoriously cutthroat Fallen mercenary named Taniks.
- New Competitive Multiplayer Maps:
- o Black Shield – a decommissioned Firebase is believed to have been a key defensive position used by the Cabal when they established their warbase on Mars
- o Thieves’ Den – a Fallen hideout located in the calderas of Venus with precarious drops that offer alternate routes for those willing to risk the fall
- o Widow’s Court – an asymmetrical map with both long sightlines and tight interiors, set in the European Dead Zone on Earth
- PlayStation® Exclusive Content* – PlayStation gamers will also get access to a fourth competitive multiplayer map, Timekeeper, which is set within a mysterious clockwork-like structure on Mars built by the Vex. *Timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015
Players can purchase Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves**individually ($19.99), or as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass** ($34.99), which includes both Expansion I and Expansion II, on PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. **Destiny game required to play, sold separately.
As an added bonus for all players of the game, the competitive multiplayer maps from Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below are now available for everyone.