New expansion for Crusader Kings II, titled “Conclave” is due out early 2016
The new year will bring new goodies from Paradox Development Studio and the team behind Crusader Kings II, Paradox’s best-selling and critically beloved medieval grand strategy game.
Conclave, the newest expansion for the game, will give your vassals some bite to go along with your bark, as the council that governs your realm will now demand some say in how you rule. Powerful dukes, regardless of competence, will require a seat at the table, and those left on the outside will be more likely to plot against you.
Keep your council happy, and the mighty vassals will resist the pull of faction and civil war. Dismiss their interests, though, and you may find yourself trying to hold together a council at war with itself.
Balance councillor skill and power to keep your dynasty safe and strong. Ignore powerful underlings at your peril, or simply buy their loyalty with favors. Conclave makes the royal council a force unto itself.
Other features of Conclave will include:
- Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws – or you can try to limit their power and influence
- Revised education system for royal children, with new traits and events designed for childhood
- New diplomatic system that prioritizes marital alliances and non-aggression pacts, as well as the possibility of coalitions
- Improved military combat model with a greater emphasis on morale, as well as new rules for mercenary companies
- And many more smaller changes including the usual tweaks to how the AI prioritizes its decisions.
So the choice will be yours; do you dare to challenge your vassals on their council at the risk of challenging them on the battlefield? Can you move your nation towards greater centralization and power without your advisors realizing how much they are losing in the deal?
Crusader Kings II appreciates the subtlety of court intrigue. Conclave will give you new avenues to test that skill.
Conclave will be available in early 2016.