EGOSOFT has released the new X Rebirth expansion “Home of Light” as well as a demo and the free update 4.0 for the X Rebirth main game. Home of Light (HoL) is the largest expansion of X Rebirth universe to date, adding three brand new star systems, lots of new missions and weaponry and reintroducing a long forgotten enemy.
Players who like to try out the new features before buying the Home of Light expansion are invited to download the free demo from Steam or the Mac App Store.
The X Rebirth Update 4.0 is released for free for all X Rebirth players and also ending the beta phase of the Mac and Linux versions, making the game officially available on these platforms now.
New players can explore the universe of X Rebirth with the new Complete Edition of X Rebirth, including both expansions. The edition is available on Steam, GOG.com and from the Mac App Store.
Feature overview Home of Light expansion and X Rebirth 4.0 update:
- (HoL) Much larger universe: The Home of Light expansion will bring three entire new systems, including the central Home of Light, known from the X3 games, with a massive new economy.
- (HoL) Trade stations: A new station type allows you to stock large amounts of any wares you like. Buy up goods when they are cheap and sell when the price is high or your competitors’ stations mysteriously explode.
- (HoL and 4.0) New enemies, new weapons, new missions, new and mysterious phenomena.
- (HoL and 4.0) Many new secrets to explore in the outskirts of the ever growing X universe.
- (HoL and 4.0) Bulletin Board System (BBS): The new BBS system collects all currently available missions in space for an easier overview.
- (4.0) Trade improvements: Graphs showing market developments over time, a best deal finder and many UI improvements to make trading easier.
- (4.0) New engine technology: Extend your ship with a Jump Drive and other new technology to travel through the universe quicker than ever.
- (4.0) Customisable weapon upgrades: Craft weapon modifications to improve your favourite weapons.
- (4.0) Many more improvements like: Major overhaul of external view, Improved tutorials, Improved fleet management with new property owned menu and commands, New difficulty setting “Very hard”.