New Game Mode: Artifact Hunt
Two teams fight to acquire a rare artifact called Radiance of the Forest which spawns at a random location on the map. The team that finds and delivers the artifact to its base scores a point. The first team to score 5 points wins. Or, if the match time runs out, the team with more points wins.
At any given time, only one Radiance of the Forest will appear on the map, and its location is displayed to all players. The position of the player who has the artifact is also shown to everyone else on the mini map. The character that has Radiance of the Forest receives increased health regeneration from the artifact, but is slowed down and can’t sprint. If the artifact is successfully delivered, the next round begins: both teams start back from their bases and fight to get the artifact again.
By participating in any battle, you will receive stars for wins and stars for defeats. When you have enough stars you will automatically move up the next league. The higher you get, the harder it is to proceed, but the rewards are getting better and better. Each month players’ positions in the leagues are reset.
Changes to the London Location
We have significantly reworked London so it’s faster to get to the key points of the location from the respawn point. The topology of the level inside the tower has also been revised. These changes aim to increase the dynamics of battles on the map, increase the role of alternative routes and make shootouts in the central part of the location more frequent and important.
Pixel Perfect Hit Detection
Survarium 0.42 introduces the “unlimited tickrate” technology, which basically means that the tickrate doesn’t affect hit and damage registration. So when firing at a moving target, you only need to take bullet speed and enemy position into consideration. Previously random factors (like different pings from the players to the server) affected that, and thus the enemy positions on your PC could be different from the ones on the server. Now, if an enemy is near (so the bullet travel time is insignificant), you only need to have the enemy in your sights, and the bullets will hit the target.
The Complete List of Changes
- New game mode: Artifact Hunt. Deliver Radiance of the Forest artifact to your base, but remember: the enemy team is trying to do the same.
- Introduced new monthly rankings. Participate in the battles and win to increase your rank and get better rewards.
- You will now receive points when your team successfully captures a research station even when your character leaves the capture zone or dies.
- You will not receive points if you leave the zone and the enemy team starts to capture the research station.
- You will now receive points for healing the teammates with the Healing Totem.
- You will now receive points when a teammate uses your Ammo Box to resupply.
- You will now receive points for detecting an enemy with a sensor if your teammate kills that enemy.
- Reworked London location: changed the location of both bases and respawn points so you can get to the key points of the map faster.
- Improved the net code and synchronization.
- Fixed delay for all players decreased from 200ms to 150ms.
- Killcam time reduced by 1 second due to a shorter camera flythrough around the killer.
- Heroes of the Day menu moved and is now to the left of character level.
- Heroes of the Day menu now has additional tabs with the results of your friend and clanmates.
- Season leagues menu is merged with Heroes of the Day menu.
- You can now see the progress for unlocking weapon modules on post-match screen.
- Camera in the Workshop can be rotated by holding down either left or right mouse button.
- Added a new screen with the match results (displaying final scores of both teams and whether your team won or lost).
- Updated special supplies icons.
- Weapon quality is now displayed when choosing a profile in battle.
Supplies and Artifacts
- Damage inflicted by toxic cloud of Sponge artifact increased.
- Reduced the delay before the Healing Totem begins to heal down to 1 second (used to be 5 seconds).
- Motherwort extract: bonus decreased from 15% to 10%.
- Steady Breath: bonus for each skill level decreased from 3% to 2% (maximum value is now 10%).
- Accuracy: bonus for each skill level decreased from 3% to 1% (maximum value is now 5%).
- Firm Grip: bonus for each skill level decreased from 5% to 3% (maximum value is now 9%).
Equipment and Weapons
- MP5: new level 6 SMG, Black Market.
- ASVK: new level 10 sniper rifle, Scavengers.
- Barrett M82: the rifle is replaced with ASVK.
- Reduced the delay before the chambering begins for all weapons with ammo chambering.
- Slug damage modifier decreased from 70% to 60%.
- Buckshot damage modifier decreased from 25% to 20%.
- Dispersion while shooting from the hip decreased by 10%-15% for all weapon types.
- Removed the penalty to dispersion in iron sights while moving for all weapon types.
- TOZ-122: armor piercing decreased from 35 to 30.
- M4A1: armor piercing decreased from 60 to 55.
- MSBS Radon: armor piercing decreased from 60 to 55.
- SVU: rate of fire decreased from 250 to 200.
- SVD: rate of fire decreased from 200 to 150.
- Socom 16: rate of fire decreased from 250 to 200.
- SKS: rate of fire decreased from 250 to 200.
- SOK-94: rate of fire decreased from 250 to 200.
- Vepr-12: rate of fire increased from 250 to 300.
- Remington 870: damage increased from 100 to 110.
- Benelli M4 Super 90: rate of fire decreased from 240 to 200.
- Franchi SPAS-12: rate of fire decreased from 200 to 180.
- Sentry boots: new level 7 boots, Black Market.
- Marauder gloves: new level 5 gloves, Black Market.
- Omicron MKII helmet: new level 8 premium helmet, Black Market.
- Stalker boots: new level 6 boots, The Fringe Settlers.
- Warrior gloves: new level 5 gloves, The Fringe Settlers.
- Leshy’s hood: new level 8 premium helmet, The Fringe Settlers.
- Scout gloves: new level 5 gloves, Renaissance Army.
- Assault gloves: new level 6 gloves, Renaissance Army.
- UM-2A Molot helmet: new level 8 premium helmet, Renaissance Army.
- Saboteur boots: new level 5 boots, Scavengers.
- Reinforced boots: new level 6 boots, Scavengers.
- Pathfinder boots: new level 7 boots, Scavengers.
- Veteran helmet: new level 8 premium helmet, Scavengers.
- Potato grip now reduces sight sway by 10% (down from 15%).
- Maximum value of “Sight sway” modifier on a weapon decreased from 15% to 10%.
- You can now sell premium items for silver (if you have more than one identical item).
- Fixed the bonus of “Quilted fabric” camo.
- Fixed the animation of medkit cooldown.
- Fixed grenade position in the hand.
- Fixed the display of mines and traps when disarming them.
- Fixed an issue allowing placing two mines at once.
- Fixed an issue allowing placing all traps at once.
- Fixed an issue allowing to melee an enemy through a wall.
- Fixed timer display for oxygen tanks. Now the timer is only displayed when the tank is being used.
- Fixed conditions of getting “Last effort” achievement.
- Fixed physical model of the Ammo Box.
- Parameters of stationary sensor are now displayed correctly.
- Fixed rewards upon purchasing Premium account on the post-match screen.
- Fixed an issue not allowing to leave the match in Team Deathmatch mode if you were spectating another player when the match ended.
- Fixed display of anomaly protection for the newcomers.
- Fixed icon shimmering during point capture if the game is relaunched while in the battle.
- Fixed an issue which led to displaying the kills in a match log twice.
- Fixed the lighting in the corridors of Vector Laboratory.
- Fixed localization mistakes, added missing strings in all languages.