505 Games and N-Fusion Interactive prepare to bring light to gamers through an adventure that pays homage to classic role-playing games (RPG) in Ember. Developed on a proprietary 3D game engine from the veteran team at N-Fusion Interactive, an independent development studio, Ember will be available for purchase on Windows PC via Steam on Sept. 7 at $9.99.
Ember is set in the world of Domus on the brink of collapse after a primordial race of druids known as the “Lightbringers” take the world out of constant darkness using fallen stars known as Embers. Soon after, a raging war for Ember sets off with a single Lightbringer who now holds the destiny of the world in his hands. Ember features a deep branching story with over twenty hours of epic adventures to experience. As the Lightbringer, players will explore dynamic, living and handcrafted environments and improve their abilities with a robust skill tree with over 65 abilities to utilize.
Other key features for Ember include:
- Over 70 unique quests with diverse gameplay per quest, allowing players to choose their own resolution;
- An engaging party-based real time combat system with tactical pause enabled for strategy-minded players
- Prodigious storytelling with the Lightbringer’s companions with their own tales, lore, adventure and humor to experience in Domus;
- A seamless world with over 20 handcrafted environments and dark dungeons that are fully interactive and feature moveable objects, weather changes and day / night cycles.
- Hundreds of NPCs with their own daily schedules and tales to tell;
- An In-depth Crafting System that lets players create a number of useful items from baking bread to forging magical weapons from more than 150 recipes.
“It’s been exhilarating to see how much Ember has grown in the ten years since we began conceptualizing the title, especially as the gaming landscape has shifted away from these type of RPGs with some exceptions,” said Jeff Birns, CEO and creative director of N-Fusion Interactive. “In what started as a love letter to classic RPGs like Baldur’s Gate, Diablo and Ultima turned into a passion project by our team and it’s thanks to 505 Games that allowed us this opportunity to realize our vision.”
Ember will be available for purchase on Sept. 7 Windows PC via Steam.