From Press Release:
Award-winning international games label Team17 today announced that Forged Battalion, the innovative and dynamic new take on the real-time strategy genre from Command & Conquer veterans Petroglyph is now available on Steam early access.
In Forged Battalion players build and customise their own unique faction as they fight in a variety of skirmish, solo and multiplayer battles. They will create, customise, and develop the blueprints of their emerging faction to create ever-evolving factories and units. Using resources gained from each battle, they will unlock new options through the tech tree allowing them to choose the archetype, and an array of armours, locomotors, weapons, and special abilities such as stealth and regeneration that will make each player’s faction one of a kind.
The Early Access period for Forged Battalion is planned to run for several months, during which there will be regular content updates and players are encouraged to give vital feedback to the development team. “We want fans to truly help forge what the game becomes…” Said Chuck Kroegel, CEO of Petroglyph.
Early Access launch content available today is as follows:
- Campaign missions comprising the first act of a multi-act storyline
- Skirmish maps supporting up to eight players
- Multiple Skirmish game modes including HQ Destruction and Annihilation
- Dedicated servers to support multiplayer
- Five customisable archetypes of vehicles (infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, air and turrets)
- Resource management of tech tree points earned in tactical battles
Forged Battalion Early Access will be available via Steam for $19.99 with a 15% discount for those who purchase during launch week.