From Press Release:
Quake Champions’ big March update is here, with new ways to play, dress, and get into the world’s fastest shooter in Early Access. This update returns everyone’s favorite one-shot splatter-fest mode, Instagib, to Quake lovers and chaos masters everywhere; competitive players can climb the ladders with a buddy in the new 2v2 Ranked Play mode; and even the baddest-ass Champion will dig dressing up in a variety of very pretty flower and pastel shaders—and bunny ears — with the new Spring cosmetics. And, for all those ‘Quake Dads’ out there yearning to revisit their glory days, it’s now possible to go back in time with ‘No Abilities Mode’ in custom games. Heavy!
Don’t have Quake Champions yet? Tomorrow there will be a new, less expensive way to frag with the best FPS players in the world — the new $4.99 Scalebearer Pack, available via Bethesda.net and Steam beginning at 1:00 pm eastern.
SCALEBEARER PACK DETAILS:
Available for $4.99, the Scalebearer Pack offers players instant, early access to the game along with two starter Champions, Vanity items, cosmetics and more. The pack also includes a three-day rental of all Champions so players can try-before they buy. The Scalebearer Pack will be available tomorrow, March 16, at 1:00 pm eastern via Steam and Bethesda.net, and includes:
- Instant access to Quake Champions
- Two permanently-unlocked Champions: Scalebearer and Ranger
- Ranger’s “Spoils of War” vanity sword and helmet
- Three Ranger armor shaders
- Three Backpacks
MARCH UPDATE DETAILS:
- INSTAGIB – The fast-moving, gib-tastic classic hits Quake Champions, introducing a fun, fast and casual game where every shot is a one-hit kill. Players will start each match with the only weapons available – the Rail Gun and the Gauntlet — and there are no weapon, health, armor, or powerup pickups. Champions still have active and passive abilities, so one-shot grenades from Keel and insta-kill totems from Galena add to the flesh-chewing madness.
- 2v2 TDM RANKED MODE – It’s like Duel mode, but it’s 2v2. Players can team-up with a buddy and face off against other dynamic duos from around the world, strategizing Champion and Ability combinations that will push them to the top of the global leaderboard.
- SPRING COSMETICS – We’ve had enough snow and we’re ready for Spring. Quake Champions’ new Spring cosmetics lets players outfit Champions and weapons in a colorful collection of happy pastels and floral patterns. Spring-themed profile icons, name plates, and festive headwear, including a unicorn hat, bird’s nest, and more, round-out our Spring Collection. Go get yourself some pinks and purples and make some black-and-blues.
- NO ABILITIES MODE – Party like it’s 1999, Quake Dads. Quake Champions can now go old school with the option to turn off active Champion abilities via custom games.
Quake Champions is available now in Early Access on Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/app/611500 and via Bethesda.net https://checkout.bethesda.net/store/bethesda/pd/productID.5106755800. Players can jump in immediately by purchasing the Champions Pack, which unlocks all current and future Champions as well as other exclusive in-game bonuses for only $29.99. The $4.99 Scalebearer Pack launches tomorrow with two Champions and additional bonuses. A free-to-play version of the game will launch in the future.