From Press Release:
LONDON, ON – December 18, 2018 – Following in the footsteps of Fortuna, this fall’s open-world expansion on PC, PlayStation®, and Xbox One, Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes has woven fresh new missions, deeper lore, and giant robotic spiders into a dangerous web of cooperative online action with Warframe®‘s Fortuna: The Profit Taker, arriving today on Steam PC for free.
The greedy profiteer Nef Anyo’s grip on the Orb Vallis must be loosened. That means confronting one of the Fortuna’s biggest enemies, the mechanical spider-boss, the Profit-Taker. Players itching to “go big” will engage in new missions to acquire the Archwing’s big guns for Warframes on-foot to crush the Profit-Taker with a show of cooperative, strategic force. Earn and equip the new Warframe, Baruuk, and engage in a mix of pacifism and savagery to wipe out Corpus armies; discover new animal species to tranq, trap and save more of the Orb Vallis’ cutest denizens, and collect dozens of new items including weapons, customizations, and enhancements in the newest Warframe update.
New Features In Fortuna: The Profit Taker Include:
- BRING THE BIG GUNS: Only serious firepower can crush the Profit-Taker. Earn the Archguns — previously only available to equip in space — to equip your Warframe while on foot and ascend to a whole new level of ballistic power.
- EARN BARUUK, THE NEW WARFRAME: A pacifist by nature, the 38th Warframe’s calm manner erupts when he’s pushed to the edge.
- Elude: Dodge all incoming projectiles, but only while not attacking. Edge closer to the brink with each projectile dodge.
- Lull: A calming wave slows enemies until they fall into a slumber. Enemies woken by damage will be confused and disoriented.
- Subdue: Summon a bevy of orbiting daggers to seek out enemy guns, destroying them with a small explosion. Combine with Untouchable to double the range.
- Serene Storm: With his Restraint eroded, Baruuk commands the Desert Wind to deliver powerful radial strikes with his fists and feet. Each moment commanding the storm restores his Restraint.
- CONSERVE ANIMALS, EARN FLOOFS: The Business and his conservation team have three new Echo-Lures on offer. Use them to save three new species in the Vallis before the Corpus get to them first. New Floofs and a Conservation Badge await your efforts!
- UPGRADE, ENHANCE AND MOD: Visit the character Little Duck in Fortuna to access new Operator Amps and Arcanes, while picking up weapons and customizations (such as hairstyles and Ventkid Cosmetics) in the marketplace. And collect a whole new set of weapons, mods, and customizations to keep up with the Corpus’ expanded arsenal (including new shotguns, whips, revolvers, shields, Syandana, alt helms, and more).
Fortuna: The Profit Taker is the first major update to Fortuna, Warframe‘s open-world landscape on Venus, already available on PC, PlayStation®, and Xbox One. Fortuna thrusts players into a fresh new set of activities, storylines, and challenges: Tenno can dash across the frozen tundra on the Bondi K-Drive Hoverboard, on foot, or via Archwing to explore caves, mountains, and mushroom forests, conserve rare local animals from extinction, fight battles against spider-like Raknoids, and face off against the greedy Corpus faction. Come visit us on Venus, it’s free!
Fortuna will arrive on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
Would you like to join the Warframe community? Head to our forums to start a conversation. Check our official website at www.warframe.com. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
# # #