From Press Release:
Prague, Czech Republic, February 15th, 2019 — 1C Entertainment and RuneHeads embrace the darkness as story-driven dungeon crawler, Fall of Light, receives its biggest update yet – for free, no less – on Steam today! This marks the arrival of the Darkest Edition on PC following a period of exclusivity on Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
Fall of Light takes the player into a dark world, in which an old warrior leads his daughter towards the last remnants of sunlight. Only together they are strong enough to defeat the enemies born from the Shadow. The lack of light, in combination with the stylized graphics, underline the game’s grim atmosphere, both in the world above and the one below – the birthplace of the evil threatening to end the Era of Men.
As part of this free update for all existing Steam owners of Fall of Light, players can look forward to exploring a brand new dungeon, complete with a new boss, deadly traps, even-more-deadly enemies and weapons to collect. This joins a wealth of content that was previously exclusive to consoles, as well as more tweaks and quality of life changes than you can shake a sword at!
For a more detailed look at what Steam players can expect from the Darkest Edition update, along with a list of reasons this is a hack-and-slash adventure worth falling for, take a look below.
- 20 different battle stances, including two-handed and dual-wielding
- 10 weapon classes covering both short-range and long-range weaponry
- Guide and protect your companion – Aether, the Indigo child
- Fight Shadows, soldiers of darkness and underworld bosses
- Explore the overworld, scour dungeons and temples to gain and use special powers
- Uncover many secrets and solve various environmental puzzles
Fall of Light: Darkest Edition is out now on PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One. For more information, check out the game on Steam and 1C Entertainment’s game page, and follow RuneHeads and 1C Entertainment on Twitter.
Patch 1.5 – Release Notes:
- New content (including exclusive content originally available in the console version)
- A new dungeon with a new boss fight, traps, enemies and weapons
- Revamp of the hitboxes
- Improved combat animations
- Nyx stats rebalanced
- Aether stats rebalanced
- Enemies’ stats rebalanced
- Sunray sequence rebalanced
- Improved performances
- New visual effects
- New lantern behavior
- Also, increase the oil duration and charging time speeded up
- New sound effects
- Quality of life: roll/dodge and run have two separated buttons
- Minor Bug fixes