From Press Release:
BERLIN & STOCKHOLM – OCTOBER 19, 2019 – Paradox Interactive and Triumph Studios today announced Revelations, the first-ever expansion for Age of Wonders: Planetfall at PDXCON, the annual celebration of Paradox’s global community. Revelations launches on November 19, 2019 for a suggested retail price of $14.99 / £11.39 / €14.99 and is available within the Planetfall Season Pass. Expanding the world of the turn-based strategy title on PC, PlayStation®4, and Xbox One, Revelations introduces the ancient Heritor Secret Technology, new campaign missions, and location mechanics.
Revelations sets in motion the return of the entombed Es’Teq dynasty, whose Heritor descendents aim to use ancient technology and reincarnate billions of followers across the galaxy, establishing divine rule. The Heritor wield strong Entropy weapons that are effective against machines and can awaken ancient Es’Teq minds. Claim ancient secrets or succumb to their power in a new campaign with tactical combat and in-depth empire building.
New Key Features:
- Anomalous Sites Mechanic – Explore 30+ mysterious sites filled with traps and powerful enemies to reap unique rewards and uncover great secrets. Encounter unique choices based on each faction or Secret Technology.
- Additional Campaign Missions – Experience the awakening of the Es’teq dynasty and the rise of their Heritor descendants with 10+ hours of new content across two campaigns.
- New Secret Tech: Heritor – Use ancient Heritor technology to drain the essence of enemies, fueling the opportunity to use powerful abilities, create strong Entropy weapons, and summon new units.
- Tomb World Scenario – Challenge yourself to complete this deadly new Scenario, where Heritor enemies create an onslaught of destruction. This scenario also includes a new multiplayer questline to allow more players to join in on the action.
- ‘The Forgotten’ NPC Faction – Broken, insane, or otherwise unfit for Heritor’s utopian society, The Forgotten were never meant to be resurrected.
- Threats to Your Empire – Reapers are robotic assassins created long ago to destroy those who were friendly to the Heritor cause, but now hunt all who walk the planet. Equally deadly are the Megasow and Piglets, bio-engineered wildlife gone rabid after the fall of the Star Union, which will devour anything in sight.
- Locations, Pick-Ups, & Mechanics – Visit an Essence Gash or Es’Teq Well locations to supply new combat effects or abilities to your units. The Holopad pickup provides diplomatic rewards and additional influence over allies and enemies. Take over Imperial Defenses like the new Soul Beacon, Cluster Mine Launcher, or Firestorm Missile Silo to aid in combat.
- Free Content – All players will gain the ability to take over the new Imperial Defenses, unlocking Operations that boost the combat effect of your colonies. In addition, the Orbital Relays mechanic boosts your empire’s infrastructure to allow for nearly instant unit transportation between sectors – but beware of sabotage interference by enemies!
“This first expansion allows players to explore deeper into the Planetfall universe, uncovering how the collapse of the Star Union empire has awakened beings from its mysterious past,” said Lennart Sas, co-founder of Triumph Studios and Game Director of Age of Wonders: Planetfall. “With the introduction of Heritor Secret Technology, NPCs, and Essence, Revelations is a new chapter for Planetfall that will affect the rise and fall of empires to come.”
Age of Wonders: Planetfall is available for digital download on Steam, the PlayStation Store, and the Microsoft Store or as a physical edition. The Paradox Publisher Weekend is live on Steam until Monday at 10:00 AM PDT, offering 10% off the Base, Deluxe, and Premium editions of Age of Wonders: Planetfall.
Purchase the Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season Pass on the Paradox Store for access to three post-launch expansions and an instant reward!
For more information about Age of Wonders: Planetfall, please visit: www.aow-planetfall.com.