From Press Release:
London / Seattle, 26 March, 2020 – Progressive indie publisher Modern Wolf and US developer Blue Bottle Games today released new never-before-seen gameplay footage and a development update for spaceship simulation game Ostranauts, which will be launching into Early Access on PC later this year.
Ostranauts is a detailed simulation of owning and living aboard a spaceship, in a solar system where honest living is a slow death sentence. Set in the NEO Scavenger universe, where Earth has suffered cataclysmic collapse, the rest of the System lives on in a state of capitalistic dystopia.
Players will create their captain, build or customize their starting ship from the spoils of their career history, and find ways to keep their motley crew happy, fuel in their tanks, food on their plates, and the debt collectors at bay.
Detailed Custom Ship Design
Players can build their ship, in any shape, from functioning modular parts. The parts have physical properties, interact with each other, and can wear out over time.
Crew members have physiological and emotional needs, ranging from basal needs like food, water, oxygen, and temperature, to more esoteric needs like privacy, security, intimacy, and esteem.
What aspects players can expect in the first wave of Early Access:
- Playing as spaceship captain to fix up their spaceship to get it space worthy
- Socialising with NPCs
- Starting on shipbreaker career – salvaging from derelict ships around K-Leg station to get their junker ready to fly
During Early Access:
- Fly to different worlds to complete tasks, get more tools for characters and parts for their ship
- Encounter additional ship types, makes and models
- Combat element – with ships and hand to hand
- Meeting with other ships – possible hostile encounters
Ostranauts is now available to wishlist on Steam for PC.