From Press Release:
LOS ANGELES (Aug. 11, 2020) – The climactic final act of Shadowbringers™ arrives today with release of Patch 5.3 for FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online. The latest update, titled Reflections in Crystal, also brings an abundance of new content, including the next NieR-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid, new dungeon and trial battles, as well as robust adjustments to the new player experience.
Patch 5.3 is the ideal time for new players to begin their adventure in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga, which now offers an expanded free trial that includes all content from A Realm Reborn™ and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles without limit on playtime.
Furthermore, all existing and future A Realm Reborn players will now have access to the complete Heavensward expansion and all the features it includes.
Alongside the expansion of the free trial, the A Realm Reborn main scenario questline is now overhauled, giving new players a more streamlined experience as they progress through the story leading into Heavensward. These changes make it easier than ever before for players to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XIV Online and experience each award-winning expansion through the latest release, Shadowbringers.
Players can sign up for the expanded free trial here: https://freetrial.
Further details on Patch 5.3 content are outlined below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The Scions endeavour to shed light upon the Ascian Elidibus’ dark plot in the final act of the Shadowbringers storyline.
- Main Scenario Questline Update: A Realm Reborn – The main scenario is now streamlined in terms of overall length, with adjustments to experience point gain and gear rewards for quest completion. Additionally, players will also be able to use flying mounts in A Realm Reborn areas upon completion of The Ultimate Weapon quest.
- Expanded Free Trial – The free trial now offers unlimited playtime and a level cap of 60, along with access to Heavensward content, an additional playable race (Au Ra), and an additional three playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist).
- New YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse Alliance Raid – The white-robed android 2P awakens at last, but so too does an unforeseen danger to Komra in the next chapter of this NieR-inspired alliance raid, The Puppets’ Bunker.
- New “Chronicles of a New Era” Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Part of the ‘Weapon Series’ questline, players can enjoy a story-focused experience culminating in a special event battle.
- New Dungeon: The Heroes’ Gauntlet – The whole of Norvrandt has become a battlefield across which the Warriors of Darkness must fight their way. Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Trial: A fearsome new foe possessed of immeasurable might has arisen to test Warriors of Darkness in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Tribe Quests – A new crafter-focused questline featuring the dwarves.
- New Game+ Updates – The class quests from A Realm Reborn are now be available for players to revisit while retaining their current character and level. Patch 5.35 will see the addition of the revamped A Realm Reborn main scenario quests as well.
- New Battle Content: Unreal Trials – Players can challenge a powered-up version of Shiva, who will now prove a fierce challenge for level 80 heroes. Unreal Trials will feature one primal fight which rotates with each patch.
- Crafter and Gatherer Updates – New custom deliveries, updates to Rowena’s House of Splendors, and an update to the Skysteel Tools questline headline several crafter and gatherer updates. Additionally, recipe search functionality will be improved for ease of use.
- YO-KAI WATCH Collaboration Returns – The YO-KAI WATCH collaboration event, Gather One, Gather All returns to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online beginning August 19th and includes new YO-KAI WATCH-themed rewards for players to earn.
- Ishgard Restoration Update (Patch 5.31) – The third phase of restoration begins following the efforts of the Skybuilders. Skybuilder Rankings return, with new items for players to craft and new achievements for top contributors to the restoration efforts.
- Save the Queen Questline Updates (Patch 5.35) – Players can enhance weapons obtained in the first chapter of this quest series as they explore The Bozjan Southern Front, a new area where the Bozjan Resistance has begun Operation Eagle’s Nest in a bid to regain Alermuc Fortress from the Empire.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP, System Updates, and more.
Additional details may be found at the official Patch 5.3 site: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is the third expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online and has received acclaim from critics and fans alike since its release in July 2019, recently surpassing 20 million registered users. Packed with striking new environments, new gunbreaker and dancer jobs, Hrothgar and Viera races, Trust system and much more, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers offers players both old and new hundreds of hours of content to explore.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
SQUARE ENIX Press Hub: https://press.na.square-enix.
Official Shadowbringers Website: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial: https://freetrial.
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram: @ffxiv