From Press Release:
Today on Xbox Wire, The Coalition announced that the “Hivebusters” campaign expansion for “Gears 5” will be arriving alongside “Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition” on Tuesday, December 15.
In the new expansion, play as Lahni, Keegan and Mac – the heroes introduced in “Gears 5’s” Escape mode – in their first mission as part of the secretive Hivebuster program. Thrown together and dubbed “Scorpio Squad,” their suicide mission to destroy a Swarm hive may hold the key to saving Sera and their own redemption.
- Enjoy a new, 3-hour campaign set on the volcanic Galangi islands. The island lava flows and sandy beaches are crawling with Swarm and a deadly new predator.
- Use and upgrade Ultimate Abilities in a campaign story setting for the first time.
- Up to 3-player co-op, split-screen or online.
- 16 new achievements to unlock for 210 Gamerscore
- The expansion supports Gears 5 Xbox Series X|S optimizations, including reduced load times, quick resume, variable refresh rates and 4K HDR Ultra visuals on Series X.
“Gears 5: Hivebusters” is the first Xbox Game Studios campaign expansion to join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate day-and-date with release. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can play as a part of their existing membership when the expansion is live on December 15. Simply update the game and launch the expansion from the “Gears 5” main menu.
Also available next week is the “Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition,” which includes the “Hivebusters” campaign expansion, “Halo: Reach” Character Pack, plus 30 days of boost, and is available as a digital exclusive from the Microsoft digital store ($59.99) or included on day one with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Additionally, the “Gears 5: Hivebusters” campaign expansion will be available to play via cloud gaming (beta) with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate upon launch on December 15. The expansion joins “Gears 5” and over 100 other titles now available to play from Android mobile devices.