From Press Release:
May 25, 2020– Independent games development studio 3DIVISION releases Content Update #7 for Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic, the real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon set in an imaginary communist country in Eastern Europe, on Steam today.
The new update of Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic introduces helicopters that work with construction offices, hospitals, and fire stations. Operate the helicopters to help extinguish fires even without workers, serve as transportation at hospitals, and assist with construction at unreachable construction sites.
In addition, the new upgrade of Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic now supports underground infrastructure using a special mode that allows you see what happens underground.
Another update that was added was the rain and the dynamic sun when starting a new game or changing the settings for an existing game. This offers a different ambiance allowing you to see Your Republics in a different light and weather.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic was released in Early Access back in March 2019 becoming one of the recent best selling hits on Steam. The game will remain like that for quite a while until the final version is released.
New Features in Content Update #7
- Helicopters (works also with construction offices, hospitals, or fire stations)
- Underground mode (you can see what is under the ground with special mode)
- Underground pipelines
- Pedestrian underpasses and overpasses
- Rain and dynamic sun
- Wind and solar power plants
- Curved bridges and many other small improvements
- Manage all aspects of your own republic with a planned economy, including mining resources, manufacturing goods, construction, investments, and citizens too.
- Create your own industrial complexes with loading and unloading stations, storage, warehouses, and factories.
- Build the infrastructure and manage its traffic, including roads, railways, sidewalks, conveyors, wiring, and pipelines. Wisely place and connect factories, houses, and warehouses, and make the most efficient connections.
- Plan and build the living areas with everything your citizens may need to live their happy life, such as playgrounds, cinemas, taverns, and shops.
- Send your citizens to the mine to get coal, iron, and other natural resources; or send them to the fields to pick up the crops; or take them to factories to produce manufactured goods.
- Sell and purchase resources and goods from western countries or other soviet countries to get dollars or rubles and buy the products or resources you need … or invest in new infrastructure or buildings.
- Enjoy authentic soviet buildings and vehicles, as well as realistic landscapes of the ’60s to the ’90s.
- Play the way you want! You can focus on getting natural resources or products and trade them for money, or you can build a self-sufficient republic, or you can just use the easy sandbox mode with unlimited money/resources and just enjoy building something live.
- Prices of resources on the global market are changing over time as you play –one day you can sell or purchase steel for $100 per ton, but in a few months the cost can rise to $200 or decrease to $50. The price of everything is connected to the cost of work and resources.