From Press Release:
Sweden / February 9, 2022 – Two-man development team, Studio Centurion, are set to reveal their innovative new title: Line War. Coming soon to Steam Early Access and hitting the Next Fest in February, Line War is a strategy multiplayer game that does things differently.
Inspired by classic RTS titles like Command and Conquer with a nod to famed board game Axis and Allies, Line War combines elements of 4X, wargame, auto battler, and real-time tactics genres into a unique strategic experience for veterans and newcomers.
Line War’s versatile control system allows players to quickly and intuitively issue commands by drawing lines across the battlefield to move units, form defensive lines, engage enemies and conquer territories. Configure your command lines to filter out certain units to flank your enemies, dig-in or feed distant frontlines.
With procedurally generated maps, players will need to expand their territory to acquire resources in order to create key structures. The more territory a player holds, the more opportunities they’ll have to acquire energy and capital. From barracks to factories, airports to refineries, each serves a distinct purpose in toppling the opposition. Choosing where to deploy buildings and the units they create is paramount to defending key locations and limiting the enemy’s expansion.
With a single playable army to ensure balanced matches and just two resources to manage (energy and capital), Line War ensures players are free to focus on planning and executing a strategy through the use of its unique command system. Whether you choose to starve your opponent of energy through refinery sabotage, mount a devastating aerial offense with high-powered rockets, or use transport ships to bypass defences, the key to victory lies in maximizing the use of the innovative command system at the heart of Line War.
- Draw Commands. Create movement and attack commands by drawing directly onto the map, giving players flexible control over unit actions.
- Replay Again & Again. Randomly generate asymmetrical worlds to ensure no match or strategy is ever the same.
- Select Your Starting Location. Choose where to begin in each world in an innovative and fair “picking phase” to gain your initial territory.
- Focus on Strategy: Plan and strategize to achieve success on the battlefield. Actions Per Minute (APM) aren’t crucial for success in Line War – strategy and planning are.
- Conquer Territory. Expand your influence and acquire resources through territory control. The more land you have, the more you’ll be able to build.
- Manage Resources. Produce energy with refineries and power plants for sustained mobility of tanks, air force, and naval vessels.
- Control One Army. Line War features a single traditional, recognizable army to ensure the game’s focus is on balance and strategy.
- Build. Build. Build. From barracks to refineries, ports to power plants, choose from dozens of unique structures. Build towns, cities, industries, and trade routes to earn resources and expand your forces.