From Press Release:
20 SEPTEMBER, 2022 – Indie publisher Digerati is pumped to share the news of a brand new signing for its 2023 roster – Super Buff HD will launch next year (exact date TBC) for PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Digerati’s partnership with the game’s developer, Buffcorp, was announced with a debut trailer during the highly prestigious Realms Deep showcase over the weekend. The trailer is available to watch below.
A skate-surf-FPS designed with high-mobility and low-expectation in mind, Super Buff HD is the creation of Egypt-based developer, Buffcorp, aka Omar Samir. Lead programmer and self-proclaimed supreme leader on the project, Super Buff HD is Samir’s first ‘mostly solo’ game, having worked previously as a contract dev on what he describes as “dirty deeds done dirt cheap.”
Helping Samir on Super Buff HD are two associates he currently regards as “good friends” – Cayden, who handles all the sounds in the game and occassionally helps out with “some art and level stuff,” and Christian, who Samir describes as “a programming prodigy” and “basically the next John Carmack.”
Asked to provide a few words for this press release about why he wants to make Super Buff HD, the inspirations behind it and so on, Samir promised “I’ll come up with something after a few rounds of Halo.” But he never did.
About the game
Super Buff HD is a fast-paced skate-surf-FPS.
The year is 202020. It’s wild. All the buff dudes have turned on society. STOP THEM.
Dash, bounce, grind, blast, shred, shoot, and soar through a fever dream world of unhinged weirdness. Defeat all the buff dudes. Get a high score. Be a winner. Home for dinner.
- MOBILITY TO MAKE YOU FEEL SUPER POWERED: Levels are playgrounds you can jump, shred, and bounce all over. Grind between rails. Body-surf on enemies. Use water jets, trampolines, poop fountains and pretty much anything to launch yourself heavenwards for huge air.
- MIGHTY WEAPONS TO KEEP THE BUFF AT BAY: Choose from a modest armory of killy toys, each with dual firing modes and unique functionality. From a trusty hammer that always makes its way back to you no matter how far you throw it, to a revolving potato cannon with backup basketball bombs.
- A WORLD OF POOP AND PURE IMAGINATION: Your battle against the buff takes place across 20+ levels of strangeness. Levels are variously and hilariously themed, such as mushroom, street, dinosaur-cowboy, sci-fi, mall, and sewage (don’t fall in the brown stuff).
- HIGH SCORES FOR SELF-GRATIFICATION: Measure the success of your buff-battering performances by racking up ker-azy high scores. Build and keep your multiplier going for even higher scores. Pull on your big boy pants and put some thunder in your number.
- TOTALLY NUTS, OVER BUFFED BOSSES: Face off against a freakshow of good and pumped boss dudes. Topple a tower block with bulging biceps. Smack down a sword-wielding trashcan titan. Make mincemeat out of a belly-flopping mushroom king.