From Press Release:
16 NOVEMBER, 2022 – Action-packed adventure Trifox is coming very soon to PlayStation, publisher Big Sugar is happy to announce. The multi-talented, bushy-tailed hero arrives 23rd November for PS4 and PS5, priced $19.99, and will be available with a 10% discount for a limited time.
The PlayStation versions follow Trifox‘s release last month on PC, Switch, and Xbox, where it received a positive response from reviewers. IGN Italia called it “A fun action platformer… Trifox is an indie not to be underestimated,” while TheXboxHub noted the game has “an arsenal that even Ratchet and Clank would be proud of.”
The debut game from Belgian developer, Glowfish Interactive, Trifox takes inspiration from the team’s own childhood gaming favourites, such as Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank.
An action-adventure with a variety of ways to play, Trifox‘s titular hero is a fox on a mission: to retrieve his stolen TV remote! A multi-talented mammal, Trifox can use the skills of three different character types – Warrior, Mage, and Engineer. Each has its own unique set of class-based abilities which can be mixed-and-matched, allowing players to create a wily protagonist with a tailor-made moveset.
- Three different classes: Wield a giant hammer as a Warrior! Master magic and mystery as a Mage! Use a backpack full of gadgets as an Engineer!
- Mix-and-match styles: Customise your Trifox by combining different class-based abilities! Want to cast spells and fire a Gatling Gun? No problem!
- 30 abilities to unlock: Collect and spend coins to gain new skills, such as Spike Slam, Shield Bubble, Guided Missile, and many more!
- Four worlds to beat: Fight hordes of enemies, traverse platforming pitfalls, overcome environmental puzzles, and battle big angry bosses!
- A modern retro adventure: A new and fresh experience designed to evoke the spirit of classic 3D platformers!
About the game
Trifox is a colourful and cartoonish twin stick action-adventure featuring a phenomenal fox with a multitude of talents! After his home is attacked and his TV remote stolen, Trifox sets out in pursuit of the mysterious looters in an action-packed adventure. Use magic, might, and marvelous gadgets to outfox foes across four danger-filled worlds as you fight your way to a final showdown at Villain HQ!
About Big Sugar
Big Sugar is a new publisher that does what it wants. And what it wants is to work with talented independent developers and to publish the unique, fun, compelling, entertaining, memorable, and all-round high-quality games that they create. https://bigsugargames.com/
About Glowfish Interactive
Glowfish Interactive is a small indie team based in Belgium. Founded by two DAE alumni and later joined by another. They strive to push the boundaries of what can be expected from a team their size. http://glowfishinteractive.