From Press Release:
Seattle, Wash – December 16, 2022 – Avast, me hearties! Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale is on the horizon, and it’s ready to drop anchor. Time to rally your crew because the brand-new title, published by Kalypso Media and developed by Gaming Minds Studios, will commence its pillage of the Caribbean on January 19, 2023. Are ye ready to lead your crew to gold and glory? Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale will arrive digitally for Windows PC exclusively at the Epic Games Store, as well as on PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
It’s a wide world out there, and before ye can come aboard, it’s time to customize your ship in Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale. In the just-released Customization Trailer, take a look at all the ways you upgrade your ship to ensure your fleet is the most formidable of all. Choose from 18 unique ship types and customize distinct features, including your flag, weaponry, hull, mast, and figurehead. Whether it’s improved cannons, a defensive hull, or a comfortable cabin, there are plenty of ways to keep your crew happy and guarantee success on the mighty Caribbean Sea.
Ready to set sail? Then weigh anchor in your almighty ship and cast your eyes upon the glory that awaits you in Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale. It is not only your ship that must be improved but also your crew. As you encounter historical pirate captains, you must choose wisely when you decide who is a friend or foe. Use your wits as you take on trading convoys and settlements in tactical turn-based battles. With the sea on your side and a well-armored ship, you will surely gather enough booty to keep your crew happy. If you steal enough gold and establish an invincible fleet, you might even be able to keep the whispers of mutiny at bay…
Tortuga – A Pirate’s Tale will fire its cannons on January 19, 2023, when the pirate adventure strategy game will be available digitally for Windows PC exclusively at the Epic Games Store, as well as on PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
- BECOME THE PIRATE OF ALL PIRATES: You are not born a great pirate, but we give you the tools to make you THE great pirate. Customise your own flag under which your fleet will sail. As you gain experience, your notoriety and skills will improve. Roleplay with more than 35 distinct pirate’s skills on your way to claim your pirate throne.
- RAID AND VOYAGE THE CARIBBEAN SEA: The Caribbean of the 17th century is dominated by the four colonial powers of the Old World. Being a pirate is not your fault, but it is your responsibility! Take action to relieve the Spanish, Dutch, French and English colonies from their burden of drowning in riches. But be wary! Unless you are sure you are the biggest fish in the sea, don’t venture out too early or too far from your trusted hometown port.
- ENGAGE IN TACTICAL NAVAL BATTLES: A ship is safe in a harbour, but that’s not what ships are made for. Fight in tactical turn-based naval battles on a hexagonal grid of epic proportions. Use your wits when raiding a convoy or a settlement. Victory is determined by a clever combination of your ship’s distinct armament with the varying and rough conditions of the sea.
- UPGRADE YOUR FLEET: It is your job to maintain and upkeep a formidable fleet before facing the cannon hail of those mighty warships lurking in the seas. Combining distinct upgrades of your ship’s basic gear, such as weaponry, hull, mast, or figurehead allows for more than 360 unique loadouts.
- MEET YOUR CREW’S NEEDS: As an elected captain of the ship, it is your responsibility to split the spoils and riches with your crew. Agreeing on so-called ‘articles of capture’ clearly define the objectives you embark on before leaving port. Remember the whispers of mutiny below the decks can lead to nasty outcome. After all, you are an elected captain and not placed by the grace of the Lord.
- PARLEY WITH INFAMOUS PIRATE LEGENDS: On your journey to become the most fearsome, most glorious pirate captain, you will have the opportunity to get to know several historic pirates. Choose your foes and companions wisely…
- COMMAND HISTORICAL SHIPS: Featuring 18 unique types of ships such as Ship of the Line, Frigate, War Galleon and many more.
- DROWN IN QUESTS: Sink more than 25 hours into stories set in the Golden Age of Piracy. The world is your oyster after all. Governors and fellow pirate companion provide you with valuable questlines where a few doubloons can be made. Also don’t forget to seek out the local tavern and eavesdrop on the latest rumours. A bottle of rum loosens the tongue, showing the way to treasures otherwise hidden…