From Press Release:
Italian indie studio Open Lab Games (Football Drama) have announced the release date for their visual novel / sport management mashup ROLLER DRAMA, where players lead a kickass roller derby team to victory in the midst of societal collapse! The game will release on PC, Switch, iOS and Android on January 26th, with Playstation and Xbox planned after.
About the game:
Roller Drama is the visual novel / sport management mashup game of your DREAMS! Lead a team of Roller Derby athletes to victory using strategy and real-time controls to smash the competition. Outside the ring you’ll have to manage five big personalities as they grapple with friendship, heartbreak, and the gradual collapse of late capitalist society. Your choices, and the outcome of each match, will affect the ultimate fate of the team.
- Interactive narrative with meaningful choices and multiple endings
- Vivid, explorable universe
- Real-time roller derby matches
- Coach a team of five athletes with wildly different personalities
- Upgrade your team’s abilities over time
- Hand drawn character art by award winning illustrator Vic Macioci
- Play with controller or mouse + keyboard
About Open Lab Games:
Open Lab is an award-winning Italian independent studio and design agency founded in 2001. After working on dozens of custom projects for clients, they branched out with their first commercial title in 2019, Football Drama.