From Press Release:
Indie studio Moving Pieces Interactive have dropped a brand new trailer for their upcoming sci-fi roguelike Shoulders of Giants today, revealing that the game will release on Epic Games Store & Xbox consoles on 26th January.
About the game
Shoulders of Giants is an explosively colourful sci-fi roguelike designed to put your teamwork to the test. Players simultaneously control a sword-wielding robot and a gunslinging space frog, working alone, with a friend, or as one of a team of four.
The forces of Entropy are spreading chaos through the stars, corrupting living planets and urging on the heat death of the universe. Led by the psychic Owl, one scrappy team of space survivors are fighting to restore the balance. A mysterious mech! A sharpshooting amphibian! Together they must mow down waves of enemies and restore light and life to the galaxy!
- Army of Four: Battle the forces of entropy in four-player online co-op. Is your teamwork strong enough to survive?
- Grow as you go: Experience quick bursts of roguelike joy, as you explore, grow, and become gloriously overpowered on a never ending ride of randomized levels.
- A Galaxy Far Away: Shoot ‘n’ slash your way through explosively colourful planets, restoring life and light to the shattered worlds as you fight.
- Loot that Matters: From grappling hooks to glowing grenades, each new pickup can radically alter your power and playstyle. Mix and match abilities to create a moveset that’s all your own!
- Best friend mode: Up for a truly chaotic co-op challenge? A unique co-op mode where you team up with a friend, each taking control of either the frog or the robot and effectively controlling one player character together
The soundtrack to the game was created by Tomas Dvorak aka Floex (Samorost, Machinarium). It will be available soon here – https://lnk.to/sog-ost
About Moving Pieces Interactive
Based in New York, Moving Pieces Interactive are a small team dedicated to making approachable games with stunning visuals and hidden depth. Their debut title was the retro arcade platformer Dodo Peak for Apple Arcade, and their next project, sci-fi roguelike Shoulders of Giants, is due to launch 26th January 2023 on Epic and Xbox.