From Press Release:
Warsaw, Poland, Tuesday 17th January 2023: Tate Multimedia is excited to announce Voodolls, a four-player online co-op or single-player tower defence game from French indie studio SideRift, will launch on Steam this April.
To celebrate this announcement, Tate Multimedia can also confirm Voodolls’ first closed beta, opening up the multiplayer mayhem from Thursday 19th January at 10am PST/1pm EST/6pm GMT/7pm CET and running through until Monday 23rd January at 10am PST/1pm EST/6pm GMT/7pm CET. Those interested in getting a slice of the action can sign up here.
Designed to be played online with friends, Voodolls charges players with fighting for their freedom after their souls are trapped in hell. Offered the chance to escape by a mysterious Puppet Master who distils their essence into Voodolls, play takes the form of intense co-op tower defence battles across 12 planetoid stages featuring three difficulty modes and an endless mode, with the goal being to hold back wave after wave of enemies keen to keep you captive.
Working together to defend the Puppet Master and, in turn, keep your hopes of escape alive is the order of the day, with each doll coming blessed with unique abilities that, when combined, are the key to victory.
“Voodolls will be the first third-party we publish at Tate Multimedia, and we couldn’t be more excited about it,” says Magda Schwarzer, Head of Marketing at Tate Multimedia. “It’s fantastic to be able to work alongside a talented studio of young creatives who are living out their collective dream right now. This is exactly the kind of developer we want to work with moving forward.”
At launch, Voodolls will include:
- Synergy between action, exploration and strategic Tower Defence mechanics, including an array of traps and defences to hold back the hordes of hell.
- Round planets – stylised and unique worlds each themed by the four seasons.
- Team of four characters, each with unique abilities, weapons, and battle tactics.
- Solo or online co-op up to four players – Defend the Puppet Master alongside three friends in full campaign co-op or tackle the task alone in solo play!
- Story-based campaign – Peel back the layers of mystery to uncover the secrets of the puppet master & the dolls.
- Three camera angles – Face your foes in immersive first-person mode or take a step back in third-person. Make tactical choices from above in the strategy camera mode: three modes, and three different approaches in one game.
- Extensive replayability.
- Many types of enemies to take on.
- Plenty of deadly traps to defend the Puppet master from the hordes of hell.
Voodolls will launch on Steam this April. Those interested in taking on the Closed Beta can sign up here.