From Press Release:
Warsaw, 06.14.23 – Creature Lab, a long-awaited mad scientist simulator from a Polish developer and publisher Image Power, arrives on Steam today at 3 PM CEST / 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET. In the game, players will have an occasion to become modern-day Dr. Frankenstein and raise an army of mutants against a city full of people that shunned and mocked their scientific advancements. The game will be also available in several attractive bundles, including the other games from the developer, as well as the productions of Madmind Studio and Polylash.
Creature Lab is a very important step in our growth as a development studio. It’s based on a unique, already well-received idea and, in our opinion, delivers on its promise of providing an experience of being a true mad scientist in retro horror style – said Marcin Zalenski, CEO of Image Power. – Creature Lab certainly shows the direction we want to go as creators. We want to offer original ideas that provide a never-seen-before spin on popular gameplay formulas.
After its PC debut, Creature Lab will be ported to PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch consoles thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign.
In Creature Lab…
- The mad scientist is You – in the unique FPP mad scientist simulator,
- You have to manage your resources (bodies, chemical substances, limbs, mutants) to let your campaign of conquest roll out smoothly,
- You plan your next moves using an informative city map, which lets you follow military activity, substance availability, and districts with special buildings,
- You have to show a strategic streak when planning raids on the city with different objectives, as well as ensure your win in encounters with the military,
- You discover things – countless different elixirs and mutagens, which you can name, as all true discoverers do,
- You assemble your mutant army, attaching different limbs and enhancing them to give them unique abilities,
- You follow the panic meter and investigation meters to keep your hideout safe from being discovered,
- You take special commissions from the Dark Web, delivering the goods to many shady organizations for more resources and tokens,
- You will make use of tokens, which grant you unique one-time buffs or district-wide effects (from lowering your investigation meter to getting rid of the military).
About Creature Lab
In Creature Lab you are literally mad. As mad as only a mad scientist can be… Years of research, years of publications… all for nothing. Your groundbreaking results did not impress anyone. So, yeah, you ended up as mad scientists usually end up. Alone, full of disappointment and anger. Completely ignored by others, you decide to make them pay.
Creature Lab sets you on a difficult path of a genius, yet a bit wicked scientist with a very liberal approach to test subjects and official procedures. Establish your hideout and let the experiments commence! Conduct crazy experiments, mix mutagens, analyze their properties, grow DNA-based body parts, and attach them to your test subjects. Manage your inventory, expand your lab, and make sure your hideout is safe. Send your sick creations into the city to obtain necessary salvage and test new subjects!