From Press Release:
Thursday, 6th July 2023 – Black Salt Games and Team17 Digital have today released a new, free update to the critically-acclaimed sinister fishing adventure DREDGE, which introduces additional deep-sea aberrations, wildlife events, a new monster to inflict trepidation into any fisherperson, and two new modes to the game: Passive Mode and Photo Mode.
The addition of a photo mode has been a regularly requested feature since DREDGE launched on 30th March, but like the game, all isn’t as it seems. Before players can spot nautical life through a lens and visually document their findings on the open sea – the Eldritch horrors that surround the area, or wildlife events like schools of dolphins off the port bow – they’ll first have to fish for a piece of equipment and exchange it with a new islander, a photographer, for the new device.
Meanwhile, the game’s new ‘Passive’ mode is perfect for those cosy gamers who want to avoid the biggest nasties in DREDGE and lean into the game’s laid back fishing gameplay while avoiding the more sinister side of the adventure. The new update also introduces a further 10 aberrations ready to be caught, together with their less frightful fishy counterparts, as well as new wildlife events to observe, including a graceful whale shark – the largest living nonmammalian vertebrate – and pods of orca whales. Finally, a new monster from the deep has also been added, sure to ‘terror-ray-se’ even the hardiest of fishing vessels.
DREDGE Key Features
- Unravel a Mystery: Captain your fishing trawler across a collection of remote islands, each with its own inhabitants to meet, wildlife to discover, and stories to unearth
- Dredge the Depths: Scour the sea for hidden treasures and complete quests to gain access to strange new abilities, including the camera to unlock the new Photo Mode
- Study Your Craft: Research special equipment and upgrade your boat’s capabilities to gain access to rare fish and valuable deep-sea curios
- Fish to Survive: Sell your discoveries to the locals to learn more about each area, and upgrade your boat to reach even more secluded locations
- Fight the Unfathomable: Strengthen your mind and use your abilities to survive trips out on the water after dark.
DREDGE is developed by Black Salt Games and is available to purchase on Steam, GOG, for Nintendo Switch™, at the PlayStation®Store, and at the Microsoft Store. Deluxe versions are available at retail and digitally. For more information, like DREDGE on Facebook, follow on Twitter and join the community over on Discord.