Grinding Gear Games announced today that their hit online ARPG, Path of Exile, will be coming exclusively to Xbox One in 2017. The Xbox One version of Path of Exile will contain all five previous expansions and the new content that will be launching for the PC version this year in the upcoming giant 3.0.0 expansion, including the long-awaited Act V.
“For three years, PC players have enjoyed Path of Exile’s visceral combat, deep character customization and addictive item hunt,” said Chris Wilson, co-founder of Grinding Gear Games. “We have spent over a year adapting Path of Exile specifically to the Xbox One, creating an experience equivalent to playing with mouse and keyboard on PC.”
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customization, and unlimited replayability. Path of Exile is completely free and does not sell items or consumables that provide competitive advantage over other players. Since release in 2013, it has received five large expansions.
Path of Exile Key Features Include:
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items, and even end-game maps to
become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a
persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
Path of Exile was released in October 2013 to critical acclaim including winning GameSpot’s PC Game of the Year award. Since its launch, Path of Exile has received extensive updates (including five large expansions) and has grown its worldwide community to over 16 million players. Localized versions are available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai, and Brazilian Portuguese.