From Press Release:
Düren, June 6th – We’re happy to announce that Grimmwood, a challenging social multiplayer RPG survival experience, received its first big update. In addition, the developers will create weekly dev streams directly on Steam, starting this Friday on 9PM CET respectively 12AM PST (noon).
But first now, lets take a look to all the new features:
Pick a village to play in and play together with your friends
This function allows players with each new character creation (for instance, after dying) to choose from a list of current villages in which their Steam friends are playing. For this function to work, those players need to be in Steam Public Mode. Additional information is displayed for each village, showing how many players are currently playing in it and how long the village is alive already. Of course, players are also able to choose a random village instead.
The game will be now fully localized both in French and Spanish.
New voting rules against “griefers”
In Grimmwood, playing as a team is key. Being too selfish or stealing all food on purpose annoys other players who really try to play the game s it is meant to. We now reworked the banish function in several ways:
New banishing rules
Banish votes will no longer be “deleted” at the end of the game day. Now, the vote will stay active until a deciding condition is met, with no time limit.
- The conditions for deciding a vote are: a) 50% + 1 player have voted or b) at least 5 villagers have voted and there’s at least one vote more either “for” or “against”.
- As soon as a vote has started for banishing someone and there’s at least one more player voting for a kick, the villager in question cannot take any items from the Storage and cannot craft items in the Workshop. This rule was created to stop griefers from taking items (and often dumping them somewhere outside on the map) or destroying items through crafting.
- Players who have to leave the village due to a successful vote against them, are leaving the village at the end of the game day.
As the Rejuvenation Elixir often were taken from the Storage by inexperienced players or griefers, we reduced its quantity to only one elixir per villager per day. Again this is meant as a protection against griefers and inexperienced players (since often the Rejuvenation Elixirs get stored in the Village Storage where everyone can take and use them.)The first developer streams will feature the following topics:
- Become familiar the devs of Grimmwood
- Get a detailled explaination of the update’s new features
- A “Pro Tips” part bringing some interesting hints or specific strategies
- You will learn about planned upcoming features that are currently in the making
See you tomorrow! (Friday, 9PM CET / 12AM PST)
In Grimmwood, you defend your village together with up to 30 strangers in an ageless mystical forest. Fight against the merciless monster hordes that unleash their wrath against your shelter every night. Until mid of July, you’ll find the Open Beta on Steam for free.