From Press Release:
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – December 4, 2018 – Today, Unknown Worlds Entertainment, the independent developer and publisher behind the Natural Selection series, announced Subnautica is now available on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. Over 3 million players have downloaded the underwater, open world adventure game since it originally launched on PC in January 2018. Thanks to independent studio Panic Button, the game has been developed for both PlayStation®4 and Xbox One and features enhanced graphics and optimized controls. Starting today, Subnautica is available for digital download worldwide in the PlayStation® Store and the Microsoft Store for $29.99. As part of a partnership with Gearbox Publishing, retail copies of the game are available in stores across North America today and in Europe by December 7.
Subnautica lets PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players discover a breathtaking, but perilous underwater world. An unexpected crash on a mysterious planet tasks explorers with scouring an alien ocean to locate vital resources, while escaping terrifying creatures who dwell in the deepest, darkest crevices of the sea. Each player’s journey through this immersive underwater world also allows them to catalogue alien wildlife, craft equipment needed for survival and build a customized underwater base of operations. Gameplay features include:
Dive into a Vast Underwater World
- After crash landing on an uncharted world, players navigate a wide array of ocean biomes in search of answers. From sun-drenched coral reefs to deep-sea trenches, the surroundings and lifeforms change as explorers descend deeper – posing new threats.
Scavenge, Craft and Survive
- The adventure begins in an emergency Life Pod, where players must immediately find water, food and resources, then venture forth to discover blueprints and materials for more advanced equipment to increase their chances of survival.
Construct Underwater Habitats
- Survivors choose from a number of modules and components to build a custom underwater base, adding furnishings, vehicle bays, observatory chambers and more. As players dive deeper, pressure increases, so they must manage the strength of their base hull to stay safe.
Unravel the Mystery
- Never-before-seen architecture, a mysterious disease affecting sea life and secrets await in the deep. The game’s story tasks players with discovering the truth behind their crash landing and seeking the means to escape the planet alive.
Play Your Way
- Subnautica allows players to explore the ocean and manage health, hunger and hydration in Survival mode; endure the pressure of only ONE life and no O2 alerts in Hardcore mode; or unleash their inner visionary in Creative mode – which allows them freedom to explore the ocean and build bases with no health upkeep or resource costs.
Curious about the game? Read our review.