From Press Release:
NEW YORK, NY (DECEMBER 13, 2018) – Atari®, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers, today announced that RollerCoaster Tycoon® Adventures is now available on Nintendo Switch™ in North America. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is the first game in the RollerCoaster Tycoon® franchise available on Nintendo Switch. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures brings the legendary RollerCoaster Tycoon® series into the next generation — combining classic RollerCoaster Tycoon gameplay with brand-new twists, all customized for Nintendo’s unique console. AtGames is the distribution partner in North America.
“We are delighted to release our first Nintendo Switch game today with RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is a fully-featured, brand-new entry in Chris Sawyer’s beloved RollerCoaster Tycoon series. Thanks to the capabilities of the Nintendo Switch, new and seasoned tycoons can play anytime and anywhere.”
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is the latest entry in one of the best-selling and most cherished franchises in PC gaming history. RollerCoaster Tycoon was created by legendary game developer Chris Sawyer and first released on Windows PC in 1999. The series quickly became a fan favorite for gamers. Nvizzio Creations, developer of the critically acclaimed mobile title RollerCoaster Tycoon® Touch™, returns as the developer of RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures, bringing an exciting and accessible new twist to the world of RollerCoaster Tycoon.
In RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures, players have three distinct game modes to build their entertainment empire — Adventure Mode (a spin on the classic Campaign mode), tricky Scenarios and the open Sandbox. Over 120 wonderfully wacky rides, restaurants, and shops ensure parks burst with eye-catching action, and the intuitive coaster builder lets players create wild, death-defying coasters with ease. Four unique themed environments, along with water and terraforming options, ensure every park is distinct and exciting. A streamlined simulation and game economy allow players of all ages and skill levels to build the park of their dreams. Play it on your TV or on-the-go — becoming a RollerCoaster Tycoon has never been easier!
Key Features include:
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes – Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoonseries, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story.
- Customize and Personalize Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants. Transform your park by adding a pre-made path, foliage, and river tiles. Build your incredible parks in one of four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics!
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator.
- Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise and a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch.
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants, and shops for your park — from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop — all featuring advanced shaders and effects.
- Gameplay Flexibility: Use either Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers or touchscreen controls to play the way you want. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures runs at 1080p when in TV mode and 720p in handheld mode.
Developed by Nvizzio Creations, RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is now available for purchase through the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch for $49.99 USD. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures is rated E for Everyone for Comic Mischief. For more information, visit www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com, like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @RCTAdventures.