From Press Release:
LOS ANGELES, CA — February 25 — Today, Snail Games announced their new video game publishing label, Wandering Wizard. The new branch is dedicated to bringing independent North American and European developed games to the market with Outlaws of the Old West, developed by Virtual Basement, as the first title. The game will release for Steam Early Access on March 12, 2019.
“With Outlaws of the Old West our goal is to give gamers the ultimate Western experience,” said Tim Hesse, Executive Producer and Archmage Wandering Wizard. “We can’t wait to gather feedback directly from our players so we can deliver a game that’s truly catered to the community.”
Developed by Virtual Basement, Outlaws of the Old West is an open world sandbox crafting and survival game set in the American frontier. In Outlaws of the Old West, players are plunged into the untamed West of Nineteenth Century America where they must conquer the unforgiving land. They’ll have to hunt, forage, mine and craft for their very survival. With a vast open world map, 150 person player servers, settlement customization, player-created narratives & economy and an elaborate morality system, every Outlaws adventure will be completely unique. Key features of the game include:
- Servers – Early Access will launch with RP, PVE, PVP servers and a dedicated host system allowing unofficial servers.
- Map Exploration – Travel as a single or team up to form a group and explore a vast 12k x 12k open world map with deserts, plains, swamps, and mountainous tundra terrain with appropriate corresponding weather and temperature, animals, gear and assets.
- Player Driven Narrative – Players decide the direction of the server(s) and the game. With the morality system, players can build a reputation as a region defender, protecting other players and settlements from NPC or Player gangs – or become a cold-blooded outlaw terrorizing the locals.
- Settlement Customization – Construct unique camps, settlements and forts or even become the mayor of a town, where weary travelers can rest their heads, and aspiring traders both players and NPCS alike can set up shop to sell their wares.
- Player Driven Economy – Explore the countryside in search of wealth to establish a foothold in the area. Players can mine for gold, trade with players, purchase deeds for player run shops, vendors and auction houses as well as become a hired gun/guard and much more.
- Crafting – Craft a wide array of tools and firearms to survive the harsh wilderness, and defend those who are important to your player.
- Harvesting – For nourishment, players must live off the land – they can fish, hunt and tend to livestock.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.playoutlaws.com.